Gold and Currency relation

Discussion in 'Forex' started by lasner, Mar 29, 2015.

1. lasner

lasner

Does anyone know which currencies are inversely related to Gold. I know the U.S. Dollar is but does anyone know which other ones are also inversely related.

Thanks,

2. Why not put together a correlation chart?

Tsing Tao likes this.
  3. Suri John

Suri John

All currencies are inversely related to gold. But for consideration the currencies of US, Canada, Australia, India, China etc are mostly referred.

4. lasner

lasner

No they aren't, to my knowledge, I think all currencies are inversely related to the dollar. I believe the dollar is the only currency inversely related to Gold, all others move in the same direction.

5. clacy

clacy

This isn't true at all.

Correlations change all the time and of course it's all relative to the time frame you're looking at.

Gold has had many periods in the last 15 years where it was well correlated with the Euro and Yen.

It seems to most commonly be inversely correlated with the dollar, but even that changes from time to time and certainly changes in intensity.

6. lasner

lasner

I believe everything is valued in the U.S. Dollar since it is the reserve currency. Pretty much everything is measured in dollars and moves inversely to it. I'm just trying to find a currency that currently moves with the dollar and it's hard to find.

7. In this trading market, traders select to their trading currency pair according to their trading capability. As a newbie I have to depend on EURUSD. Due to having very slow motion, I am able to predict its movement with certainly. But, sometimes I trade lots of currency for increasing my trading performance. And, I have selected GCI Financial where, it is possible to trade all major currency trading pair with spot metal, gold, CFDs and indicates. Therefore, I am getting 4% interest on my trading balance which is my permanent earning source of my trading career.

8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Only mildly so. Look at a chart. Nowhere near 1.00 or -1.00

The dollar has been in an extreme uptrend (other than last couple of weeks) since July of last year. Has Gold done the complete opposite - an extreme downtrend? No its gone down, up, down, up.

As someone said, correlations change all the time. What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

As someone else suggested watch USD with CDN, AUD, INR, & CNH pairs.
    Corellation.png

9. traderob

traderob

george in your 11 posts so far on ET everyone has mentioned GCI and how good they are.
    They are actually a lower end broker and you are clearly either an employee or a paid shill.

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

George Sharkey has now been banned. Good spot roberk. ;)

#10     Apr 4, 2015