Gold A "Safe Haven" In This Market Decline?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Scataphagos, Nov 20, 2018.

1. maler

maler

This is what a poster claiming to be a Rothschild (likely an impostor, but a smart one)
    said in another forum a while back.

"when one buys gold and silver, they are taking a breather from the financial rat race.
    their value in time is frozen. no gain and no loss. none.

imagine someone owns one ounce of gold they purchase for $500.
    At that point in time, the 500 federal reserve notes will buy an ounce of gold or various amounts of other commodities.

the value of the FRN drops, and suddenly it takes more of them to buy an ounce of gold.
    Gold has become more expensive in the sense it takes more FRN's to buy the ounce,
    but generally it will also take more to buy everything else...oil food, etc.
    People now see this with food and energy prices.

when the value of FRN's increases, it takes fewer to buy an ounce, but also fewer to buy the other commodities.

Buy gold at 1900 and it drops to 1800? no difference, since the commodities we use and buy will also get cheaper,
    so the frn's "buy" more.

i'm telling you...it is impossible to make or lose money in gold and silver...but it is the PERFECT store of value.

I differ in that I don't think there is some magical TPTB that are conspiring to do anything in particular.
    What is happening is the greed inherent in a capitalist system.
    So you end up with speculators who have sufficient financial assets to MOVE MARKETS.
    The Rothschilds learned to move markets back in the day using rumor and innuendo.
    Works great and the MSM plays this as well. You know that all the shows are scripted
    and that those who write the scripts KNOW how things will play out.
    Any alert staffer at MSNBC or Bloomberg can make money trading on what he knows is going on the ticker.

so speculators speculate, and big speculatiors can make the market move in their favor by making bets and powering the pot.

i watch with some amusement how people game the various systems in which they interact to eke out a small advantage.
    someone gives advice on how to get a freebie of one sort or another. same at the upper levels. its human nature.

i'm just pointing out here, that buying gold and silver is a no stress situation, but you aren't going to make anything either.
    I personally believe that ALL of whatever a person defines as their SAVINGS, should be held in gold or silver. SAVINGS.

people think savings should be in cd's or a bank, but the interest they pay is ALWAYS less than what is lost by inflation.
    ALWAYS. so by definition anything in these accounts is not SAVINGS. it is essentially being taxed away."

#11     Nov 20, 2018
    Money Trust likes this.
  2. The quote sounds like a person who's understanding of the money system hasn't been updated since the early 20th century.

#12     Nov 20, 2018
  3. zdreg

zdreg

are you from the school and this time is different?

#13     Nov 20, 2018
  4. trader99

trader99

GC is disappointing. It hasn't gone anywhere even when markets tank. And it hasn't rally when markets come back... hmm

#14     Nov 21, 2018
  5. maxinger

maxinger

Gold a "Safe Haven" is very true centuries ago.
    It is BS decade ago.

#15     Nov 21, 2018
    lovethetrade and trader99 like this.
  6. trader99

trader99

sadly so....

#16     Nov 21, 2018
    maxinger likes this.
  7. themickey

themickey

#17     Nov 21, 2018
  8. trader99

trader99

what's the catalyst that will make this breakout? Equity indices going down and this goes nowhere.

#18     Nov 23, 2018
  9. tomorton

tomorton

I never believe anyone who says that Gold or such and such is a safe haven. In the markets, there's no such thing as a safe haven. Things that are safe to buy are things that are going up: until they stop going up and start going down.

#19     Nov 23, 2018
    lovethetrade and trader99 like this.
  10. TTT

TTT

The only sure thing is death

#20     Nov 24, 2018