Going to try Hyperorder

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Norm

Norm

I have installed the Hyperorder program and the TradeStation HyperOrder client. I have opened a paper trading account with Interactive Brokers.

Tomorrow, I would like to fire the whole thing up to start paper trading my automated strategy (that is done with TradeStation) by executing with IB.

I have no idea what to expect. I guess that one of the HyperOrder programs (maybe the IB client) will request my IB logon ID and password. Then maybe TradeStation will be linked to IB and I can begin paper trading.

I assume that I must run all four programs (TradeStation with the strategy inserted into a chart), HyperOrder main program, HyperOrder IB Client, and Interactive Broker's Traders Work Station.

If anyone can shed some light on what I should expect in order to get TradeStation, HyperOrder, and Interactive Brokers to work together, please let me know. The HyperOrder documentation was scarce.

Thanks,
    Norm

2. Norm - how is this add-on working ?
    I believe you'll need to learn Easy Language to use it effectively.
    Need some help ? Let me know !
    Good Luck ... sounds like a good learning project.

3. Norm

Norm

Hello Syswizard,

I have the EasyLanguage part done. The strategy works fine in TradeStation. But, I want to trade through IB because of the lower commissions and ability to daytrade an IRA. So, HyperOrder is the link, at least for the moment.

I got the TS to talk to the HyperOrder Client this morning. I believe that it will be pretty easy to get the HyperOrder host to talk to IB. I think I just have to enable the IB API. So, I may be trading live as soon a tomorrow.

I did a lot of back testing and realtime out-of-sample testing. So, I am confident in the strategy. I also did some live trading with TS, just to very proper execution. All looks well.

Norm