Going to NY in 2.5 weeks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Massively overrated IMO. It's tiny. It good but nothing special. Not worth all the hype.

#41     Nov 5, 2012
  2. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

I'm very partial to the lamb burger at the Breslin. Definitely worth michilan star

#42     Nov 6, 2012
  3. Booked the flight and hotel this morning. The flight ended up coming out higher than I expected, BUT the room came out like $65 less a night than I expected so that made up the difference somewhat.

Now time to plan everything to do! We are both 20 lol so can't really hit up the bar scene, but we plan on going all over to shop and see everything we can in those few days. We land at 915 on friday morning so I am guessing we can be to the hotel (the Westin) by 11. I think check in isnt until a few hours later, but I am assuming they will either let us store our bags or check in a little early maybe. Then it will be time to get the trip going!

I need to make a list of everything we want to do so we can figure it all out.

#43     Nov 6, 2012
  4. I've had drinks at the Ace Hotel several times and keep getting tempted by the Breslin. Will have to go and get the lamb burger next time I stop by there.

#44     Nov 6, 2012
  5. What's your budget for social events?

#45     Nov 6, 2012
  6. I haven't figured up exactly. My wife will be paying for any shopping herself for the most part (we share everything of course but still have seperate accounts also) but I was thinking probably a few hundred for activities. The most expensive being a play I would say. As far as meals go I haven't figured up an exact budget either, but I would say we wont do anything too fancy except one or two of the nights. As far as meals during the day go, I would say we will just get stuff on the go or quick.

#46     Nov 6, 2012
  7. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

How many days? 3?

You should walk to central park from time sq, loop around town around 77th or so, walk down 5th ave all the way to the tip of manhattan (through empire state, union sq, city hall, etc), loop around the southern tip at battery park, and walk up again through chelsea.

It's a lot of walking, but doable in one day, and you are guaranteed to see everything you need to see so you can spend the second day visiting parts in detail without the pressure.

#47     Nov 6, 2012
  8. If you want to save some money on fine dining in NYC, used savored.com (I have no affiliation). It's free and you make a reservation thru the site and you'll get 25%-30% off your bill. When you're paying $200+ for a dinner, saving $60 feels good :)

#48     Nov 6, 2012
  9. Yea it is 3 days. Get there on friday and leave monday morning. So from lunch on friday, all day sat and sun, and then no time on monday.

We were planning on going to central park for sure, so that might be a good idea to do that. I just pulled that route up on google and it is like 13 miles total, is that right? I don't know if we will do that all in one day. I'd say we we might do part of it and just stop at stuff along the way. Or I guess if we did do it then the next day we could hop on the subway so we would have more time at the places we wanted to visit for longer then.

#49     Nov 6, 2012
  10. That is a good idea. I have used restaurant.com but never looked at that site. I will check it out also, thanks for the tip

#50     Nov 6, 2012