Going to NY in 2.5 weeks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by FCXoptions, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Yeah, your probably in NYC more than I have been lately-- I miss living near by!

I heard tavern on green was reopened or reopening soon---

For the OP-- if your wife wants an interesting shopping experience go to canal street. It's where they sell all the counterfeit stuff. Go down west broadway in soho, past cipriannis on your right, then make a left onto canal. The things you find there are amazing. Show respect and shop owners will show you their secret rooms full of fake treasures.

By the way, Mav, what's the word of you moving to NYC help out RH?

#21     Nov 1, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Surf did you move again? You were living on the Hudson river I thought? Or was that your old place? Where do you live now?

No news on NYC yet.

#22     Nov 1, 2012
  3. old place.

cashed out and traveling the world/writing

#23     Nov 1, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

You and Anna are homeless? :eek:

#24     Nov 1, 2012
    #25     Nov 1, 2012
  6. I know I keep bringing the same thing up lol, but Mav and whoever else is more familiar with the area, do you think I should be safe to go ahead and get the tickets and hotel now or wait to see how things are going next week?

#26     Nov 2, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

This is a really weird situation. I think you'll be fine. Bloomberg knows to the penny exactly how much money he is losing a day from tourism by having the city closed. This is why he is going ahead with the NYC marathon this weekend. On the other hand, Staten Island looks like post war war II Germany right now. I think it really depends on where you are going to spend most of your time. I think midtown seems OK. All the damage seems to be on the southern tip. How many days till your trip?

#27     Nov 2, 2012
  8. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

I currently live in the heart of darkness (wrong side of 39th street).

Everything's going to be back to normal in a few weeks - we are getting power back tomorrow night (supposedly).

Though, are you able to find any hotel? It's probably more opened up in a few weeks, but as of now, there's literally zero hotel room avaliable... zero in manhattan.

#28     Nov 2, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Supposedly there is another storm coming in next week right?

#29     Nov 2, 2012
  10. CT10Gov

CT10Gov

Yeah... but it's so far just a normal nor' easter kind of thing; So far, it's not going to impact manhattan unless there's something unforseen.

#30     Nov 2, 2012