Going through personal crisis & trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by polpolik, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ROFLMAO

#21     Sep 11, 2008
  2. GREAT!

#22     Sep 11, 2008
  3. volente_00

volente_00

"Cause and effect are at the center of everything we experience in life. That is the flow of karma. Our thoughts are the cause and our physical reality is the effect. Knowing we are one, interconnected by light, helps to understand why we give what we receive. Being one, what we give we give to ourselves. The giver and receiver are one. To continue to receive requires that we give. What we give is what we receive. If we give love we receive love. If we give money we receive money. It's like a flow of water in and out of a lake. The lake stays full and healthy if water passes in and out of the lake."

#23     Sep 11, 2008
  4. We all know psychology, having your mind and emotions straight is critical in trading. Were you drawdowns in the last part of August? Typically a crappy time to trade, except last year. I think you already answered your own question. It's time for a break. This is a stressful career choice. A few months back things were extremely stressful for me due to some family issues that are now resolved. I couldn't sleep much less make a clear decision on a discretionary trade. I am glade I just stepped back now I can focus much better. The market isn't going anywhere, take your time. Confidence is critical in this game.

#24     Sep 11, 2008
  5. I don't think the OP is going through a trading problem.

To the original poster: Keep in mind that without bad times, there would be no good times.

#25     Sep 11, 2008
  6. ammo

ammo

when i get a flat tire ,i pull over and change it,if i dont,it's one bad thing after another until the car screaches to a halt

#26     Sep 11, 2008
  7. RAY

RAY

This was my answer. Just so you know, I took 2 years off.

My issues were mostly health related.

#27     Sep 11, 2008
  8. stop trading and go do anything else. go work in the yard. go for a jog. go to mexico. go do anything else. i took my first "vacation" 2 weeks ago. it was the first time i took off in the 4 1/2 years i have traded and i did absolutely nothing. it was great.

don't try to hurt yourself thru your trading. who knows what is bothering you but self destructive behavior is not the right way to address things.

[​IMG]

#28     Sep 11, 2008

9. I recently had an extremely horrible personal problem..,
    it was when i lost my fiance back in may, and even though its been 5months now it still really really hurts me.

Im not sure if your problem is similar mate, but i actually think the opposite to what most people have sayed on here,
    that instead of just sitting in your empty house feeling sad n letting it get to you even more, trading will take your mind of it.

+Its just rumours that you don't concerntrate or focus traidng when you got problems, its the opposite.

If its just a noral day you just trade while subconciously having all normal thoughts and making plans for what you gna do with earnings... ect

But if you feeling very sad n down, you wont have loads thoughts on your mind, only 1 or 2 thoughts, and so traidng will instantly take your mind off them + cheer you up alot inside if you end the day in a nice profit.
    :)

#29     Sep 12, 2008
  10. Take a LOOONG break from the market before it ruins your health

#30     Sep 12, 2008