Going Pro with Bright, Echo or another

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Robert Weinstein, May 24, 2002.

1. It appears to me that their IS a clear distinction between "retail" and "pro". If nothing else I have had to take no test to trade with a 4 to 1 margin rate.

What I would like to do is STAY in my office and trade and do so with a 10 to 1 or higher margin rate. As well as be able to carry over a greater than 2 to 1 for the swings. I don't want to be "pro" in the sense that I go to a trading office and thats my whole life.

I would also like the training, lower cost of trades, lower trading software cost, and the other features of working with a firm.

The fact of the matter is at least for me I would NOT take the test and not submit myself to more government invasion IF I could remain retail and get the features of being "pro".

So what do I do about it???

I post a thread on elite asking for advise of the subject and so far I am glad I did!!! (based on the views maybe others are glad as well??)

Now what did you say the names of the other firms where:) :)

#11     May 26, 2002
  2. mrktwiz

mrktwiz

RE> I just love it when someone writes a post about becoming a "pro" trader. It doesn't take long before the sharks come calling for fresh meat. Contrary to what everybody here reads, there are many other places to trade besides Bright and Echo.....and much better deals to be had

.....and these firms are? Could you give me a couple of examples?(This is a serious question, I'm not trying to challange you)

Thanks in advance for your help....

Good trading all...

mrktwiz

#12     May 26, 2002