Going on road trip.. need reliable portable 3G/4G

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Longcat1982, Jan 6, 2013.

1. volente_00

volente_00

If it's just for short time then when not get service for 2 different companies?
    $50-$100 is cheap hedge compared to being stuck in a trade or missing out on potential money.

#21     Jan 8, 2013
  2. Thanks. I mistakenly believed tethering was with a cable. surf

#22     Jan 8, 2013
  3. it's been a long time since I was on a road trip, but the best deal I found was Verizon. The only blacked out areas were between Pecos and El Passo in TX, and northern Alabama.

Now I have Verizon wireless for my computer.

It is fantastic, 4g

but I live in a college town

when I get up to Indiananpolis at my parents house out in the suburbs, it is 3g and very slow

when I was constantly roadtripping, most had ATT and some thing else as a back up if it was critical.

But if it was me, I would start out with Verizon, and add another service if it ever became a problem.

verizon wireless is only $50/mo, 5gb, and that's more than you will ever need for trading, an extra $10 bucks a month if you start watching a lot of u tube

#23     Jan 8, 2013
  4. Growing up in Pittsburgh, and having relatives in Miami, I have done the 20 hour trip many many times. A few times non stop. Almost died once when I lost control of a 1990 vette and spun down I70 with smoke pouring off the tires. Fortunately the road was empty.

Istanbul--London sounds like a blast. That's on my to do list. Thanks! surf

#24     Jan 8, 2013
  5. I use to love driving, at one time I was a long haul trucker, but I will never ever drive again down in Mexico at night.

No road lights, and people dressed in dark clothing riding donkeys.

#25     Jan 8, 2013
  6. it scares the shit out of you, because everytime you just barely miss one, you know you have just almost killed a good man. Because, what other kind of man would be riding a donkey home from work at night?

#26     Jan 8, 2013
  7. No doubt --- maybe Jesus?

Once I was driving down the Pacific Coast Highway at night. There was a dude dressed in a monks robe and hood kneeling right on the side of the road--- or a midget--- had nightmares about that one for months---- the person was within 2 feet of me hitting him.

surf

#27     Jan 8, 2013
  8. that was me. I could have used a ride that night. I was having a bad problem with a particular woman.

and I'm not a midget

just short of stature

#28     Jan 8, 2013
  9. dealmaker

dealmaker

Lucky you, Pittsburgh is a great town and kind of centrally located for roadtrips.

#29     Jan 8, 2013
  10. Hey have you got the right answer? I am planning for some outing and need a good internet connection

#30     Jan 10, 2013