Going on road trip.. need reliable portable 3G/4G

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Longcat1982, Jan 6, 2013.

1. Which national provider has the best internet coverage along the US Interstate highways so i can trade while my friends are driving the car from california to new york.

Verizon? At&t? Sprint? t-Mobile?

Can i realistically expect to have the coverage to trade while driving on say i80 in nevada or i-70 in colorado?

2. AT&T-- no doubt. I drove from NYC to LA, To Miami then back to NYC.

Writing, publishing and trading the entire way with a jail broke iPhone hot spot on an unlimited data plan-- hooked up for 12 plus hours per day-- never an issue with connection or speed. Good luck!

3. lwlee

lwlee

Was this 3G or 4G? I've got 3G and thinks its kinda pokey, especially for trading.

4. Verizon is the way to go! Actually I don't know about that area, but everyone I know (in multiple states) that has AT&T does not like it very much due to reliability. But that could have changed

5. 4g lte, but it would change depending on area--- I have heard tmobile and sprint are really bad, not sure about Verizon.

6. Are you afraid of flying?

7. dealmaker

dealmaker

I have done SF to NYC, just don't do it with t-mobile or MetroPCS. I had t-mobile and even though it has roaming with AT&T when we were out of large metropolitan areas there was hardly any reception at all. Given what I know now, I'd say go with Verizon.
    Kevin Schmit, road trips are fun; you get to see the side of the country you can't see from the window of a plane.

8. I enjoy driving. Agree 100% with you dealmaker, planning a trans European road trip next.

surf

9. Swing trading - Yes

Day Trading - Dangerous

Scalping - ROFLMAO

10. lmao I can see it now, riding down the road in a trade like oh this isnt so bad... a position turns against him and then the signal cuts out......you will be screaming at the driver BACK UP GET TO THE SIGNAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10     Jan 7, 2013