Going long YM 13520 wheeeee

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by myminitrading, Jun 8, 2007.

1. "Don't bother, he also thinks that the rollover of contracts between calendars influences the prices LoL. I wish it were, a lot of money to be made there."

actually, there are some traders who specialize in rollover days, and are quite profitable at it.

in essence, they are playing a bit of the marketmaker role, and a bit of the arbitrageur in doing so.

but with the increasingly widening spread in the back month, and people rolling into the new contract, etc. there IS money to be made on these days facilitating the rollover, by being in both sides and making money off a widening spread and declining liquidity in one, and narrowing spread and increasing liquidity in the other

note: i don't do this myself.

#11     Jun 12, 2007
  2. Yes, that is an interesting possibility, never thought of that.
    But I'm pretty sure that is not what he meant. In another thread he stated that it wasn't worth it going long the current YM contract since it was almost expired, so no other buyers and no demand driven rise.

Ursa..

#12     Jun 12, 2007
  3. wheeee....free money, LOL.

#13     Jun 13, 2007
  4. A whole lot of nothing, no direction either way, just churning away making them brokers RICH $$$$$$$$$$$$$

#14     Jun 13, 2007
  5. notouch

notouch

I feel your pain... :D

Let me guess, you didn't use a stop, closed the position at the bottom and now you're cursing yourself because you would now be in profit.

Like you said, "trading sucks!" :D

#15     Jun 13, 2007
  6. great call bro $$

#16     Jul 4, 2007