Going Live

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Norm, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Cheese

Cheese

Damn funny piece.
    So right.
    :)

#21     Jan 25, 2006
  2. Maestro,
    Did you perhaps fire your "genitor" that you now have to take care of the job yourself?
    :D

#22     Jan 25, 2006

3. Muppet post by a cretin adding nothing constructive at all to this thread.

At the end of the day, many views make a market.

If the Norm's comfortable with this concept and is prepared to put his own cock on the block then good luck and all the best.

#23     Jan 25, 2006
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

After trying all sorts of automated behavior control tools (some of them had pretty sophisticated remote controls and voice activation) a simple thought came to my mind: - “A genitor who does not parent the child is not its parent”. So, yes, I am taking care of the job myself and, yes, I have fired the “GENITOR”. Since then I started to feel a lot better despite increased radiation that I’m constantly exposed to (you know, 150 monitors, 6 huge servers etc). After all a Brain Surgery is not about knowing what to cut and where it is more about “WHY”. Thank you for cheering me up at the times when cheer is as expensive as Oil (February delivery contract).

#24     Jan 25, 2006
  5. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Were you one of my patients? I should be more careful with those Brain Surgeries; sometimes I end up cutting the most crucial parts of the brain. Well, try to think with what you are left with. I feel that the remaining parts of your brain will eventually develop a rudimentary ability to understand humor.

#25     Jan 25, 2006
  6. "Humor" . . . so you'd be American right? Ha ha ha ha ha!

#26     Jan 25, 2006
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

What is the purpose of humor? why do we laugh?
    Humor is a complex phenomenon There is no general theory of humor or even an agreed definition.
    When we try to define exactly what counts as humor and what does not, or how humor operates, we find it quite difficult.
    Humor is comprised of three components: wit, mirth, and laughter.
    Wit is the cognitive experience, Mirth the emotional experience, Laughter the physiological experience.
    We often equate laughter with humor, but there are many instances of laughter (tickling, nervousness, etc.) that clearly have little to do with humor.
    Similarly, there are many instances of humor that do not result in laughter (due to the mood of the appreciator, the social context, etc.).
    Humor is a quality of perception that enables us to experience joy even when faced with adversity.
    Stress is an adverse condition during which we may experience tension or fatigue, feel unpleasant emotions and sometimes develop a sense of hopelessness or futility.
    You cannot feel stress, angry, depressed, anxious, guilty, or resentful and experience humor at the same time.
    Like beauty being in the eyes of the beholder, humor is in the funny bone of the receiver of the experience.

I'm not an American, but I wish I was.

#27     Jan 25, 2006
  8. maxpi

maxpi

Spoken like a true maestro, kudos!!

#28     Jan 25, 2006
  9. Hmmm

The brand of humour that you used was one of sarcasm-by-analogy.

This is fine when arguing with a professional or taking the piss out of an ideology, you see a lot of TV political comedians use this technique, often to great effect.

However, when used against someone who is genuinely seeking advise it comes accross as rude and boorish.

By the way, here's the web link you cut and pasted from
    http://web.macam98.ac.il/~ochayo/what.htm
    (just in case anyone was delusional enough to think that you came up with that all on your own)

#29     Jan 25, 2006
  10. Could not disagree more. The original author has no clue.

Oh, and good catch, Blade.

#30     Jan 25, 2006