Going fulltime?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Currently only able to generate enough per month to match current Job salary. Should i quit my job to go fulltime?

Trading experience is about 5 years, 1st year wipe out acc once, then 2nd, 3rd, 4th year profit up bits by bits, only 5th yr manage to gain quite a bit.

But if i go fulltime, account will not grow.........

2. jtnet

jtnet

i think you answered your own question... no, just scale up and see what happens and keep the fulltime gig

3. Account will grow slowly slowly
    Why work for some asshole when you can be your own boss. and have the opprounity to grow in time .

4. here is the DEAL wow cap letters so you know it the real deal

1 contract on ES or YM etc

will make you 100-500 a day if you know what you are doing

and you can live off that and grow it slowly

ONLY YOU CAN ANSWER THIS QUESTION

Do you know what you are doing ???????????????????????????????????
    ?????????????????????

5. lescor

lescor

2008 was an exceptionally good year for trading. Be careful about extrapolating this year's gains into the future. There's no way it can stay this good forever.

6. Ya I agree. Keep your job and size up your trading gradually. Time will tell if you can do this full time...... see how you do when the market slows down. That will tell you a lot. Also the added pressure of having to make a living from trading may make things more difficult for you. Even if you hate your job hang in there and build up more capital. You'll be setting yourself up for down the road. Good Luck.

7. Johnny

Johnny

You could always work 50% if that is an option.