Going fulltime trading soon

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by innovest_11, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Watchout for the constant snacking, l once gained 20 pounds in less than 2 months, have a bottle of water, and keep your eye on the ball at all times.

Do not entertain friends or pussy during market hours, make it clear that they need to fuck off !!!!

P.S. Excuse my language :(

#11     Jan 23, 2009
  2. RL8093

RL8093

If you guys are scared now, you will likely fill your pants & trade poorly as you give your money back. Being afraid of the mkt will keep you making poor decisions out of fear & desperation. Refine your edge until you have confidence in your abilities - then start small (after you have plenty of cash set aside to live on).

R

#12     Jan 23, 2009
  3. 20lbs??? I am getting ripped haha. I eat beef jerky and drink diet caffiene free sams cola that I pick up at 1am from wal mart before london open from the us, and spend all my free time at the gym.

then again, I have spent years refining a lifestyle of minimal responsibility.

#13     Jan 23, 2009
  4. nkhoi

nkhoi

We Salute You!

#14     Jan 23, 2009
  5. You guys could be right, I'm not really 'freaked out' about my edge, my trading discipline or anything like that.

It's really a matter of me being on my own. My job will be trading, if I overspend, and don't make money in the market, a check won't be coming next week like from my current full time job.

most of us are taught since birth.....go to school, get a job, and work hard

Those of us that step away from this and actually do well....it seems like a big step?

Right now, this is like stepping off of a cliff for me. Even if I have a proper parachute, and some training, it's still probably going to be a bit scary no matter what I do to prepare.

#15     Jan 23, 2009
  6. u r right, i hate to follow this schedule, am i going to do this till age 60? so i decided to give it a try, and hopefully it work out, else will be back to 9-5 job again

#16     Jan 23, 2009
  7. Thanks, I'll first try the normal routine, then slowly add in additional trading of others, don't want to affect my mindset too much, afraid may backfire...

#17     Jan 23, 2009
  8. #18     Jan 23, 2009
  9. Assuming you've traded successfully in a simulated account for at least 6 months (and IMHO that is a MUST, or 1 year even better), consider weaning yourself off the simulator gradually. Try maybe 1 real trade per day, or 1 day per week to start. Then see if your sim trading is still holding up and compare it with the real ... make detailed notes on what you did wrong/right, changes you need to make, etc.

Good luck!

#19     Jan 23, 2009
  10. I think the boredom factor gets way too underplayed. I have gone back and forth about trading full time. I like my job in the IT industry and the social interaction I have there. On days where I only trade I kind of feel isolated. It's weird. I trade Europe (dax/ftse) in the morning then go to work.

#20     Jan 23, 2009