Going from equities to e-minis.....

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by lilduckling, Jul 31, 2005.

1. volente_00

volente_00

I agree with porgie to an extent. Many say don't increase but here is the problem.

By using trading more size you can actully take less risk because you are in the trade less time to make same amount of money.
    It is far easier for me to make 5 points in YM on 10 contracts then to try and make 40 points on 1 contract even though both trasdes result in around $200 profit.

#51     Aug 5, 2005
  2. volente_00

volente_00

#52     Aug 5, 2005
  3. Aye.. what kind of style is your trading going to be? As in position.. swing... scalp...

Oh.. now I know.. You are a swing trader.

Anyway, I am also at your stage.. we started around the same time only that I went with extremely short timings (to speed up my learning curve), while you went with a longer time frame with staying out of the market (to reduce blowouts and drawdowns).

Maybe we can do a competition in public or something, trading only 1 YM contract (b/c I am just about to do this once again) and it ought to keep us focused etc, and can we whose style is better etc.

All in fun, let me know what you think?

#53     Aug 5, 2005

4. Volente_00,

Just curious, how many RTs do you average per month. B/c if you try to do size and go for small profit targets, your RTs and commissions can sure add up.

#54     Aug 5, 2005
  5. LOL .... this reminds me of that scene in "Enter the Dragon" when they are in the boat heading to that island and the mean dude approaches Bruce Lee and asks him "whats your style" .. and challenges him.

:D ... .. but i dont think i would be any match for Ripley.

Hey Ripley ... cant wait to see you start up again... will watch you closely so i can learn the minis. Hope you do awesome! :)

#55     Aug 5, 2005
  6. volente_00

volente_00

It just depends. I have done 7 rt this morning and am done for the day.

#56     Aug 5, 2005
  7. thanks for the link volente...sure is alot of info!

#57     Aug 5, 2005
  8. volente_00

volente_00

9. Don't underestimate yourself man. Its all good.

#59     Aug 5, 2005
  10. volente_00

volente_00

"Maybe we can do a competition in public or something, trading only 1 YM contract (b/c I am just about to do this once again) and it ought to keep us focused etc, and can we whose style is better etc."

Is this open invitation ?

:)

#60     Aug 5, 2005