Going for the gold - hedge against the apocalypse

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by karl-dcb, Oct 17, 2005.

1. you guys are too much.

#11     Oct 17, 2005
  2. Now, Marty owns a stable of thoroughbreds, maybe you should update your views as well.

#12     Oct 17, 2005
  3. The "Four Jockeys of the Apocalypse?"

#13     Oct 17, 2005
  4. yep...I have been buying ammo from them for years..great company.

#14     Oct 17, 2005
  5. to kill your neighbors!

#15     Oct 17, 2005
  6. nah...I love my neighbors....I am stockpiling for when the flesh eating zombies come to life...

#16     Oct 17, 2005
  7. Hehe. This is turning out to be way more fun than the "YM Traders" thread.

#17     Oct 17, 2005
  8. i thought you were protecting your Snackwells.

#18     Oct 17, 2005
  9. how did u know I was fat? :D

#19     Oct 17, 2005
  10. To get a realistic picture of what might ensue, go dig out a copy of the movies that launched Mel Gibson's career, the Mad Max series. I think the first one was called Mad Max and the second one, the best in my opinion, was called Mad Max, the Road Warrior. Don't bother with the third which featured Tina Turner, it was a typical sequel rip off.

I can't see the wisdom of owning real estate in an apocalyptic world. Property rights will no doubt be lost, either through government action or anarchy. Similarly, it will be essential to have stockpiled weapons and ammo, as gun bans and confiscation, like they tried in New Orleans, will be a definite possibility. The only real defense will be to have a refuge in a defensible rural area, eg Appalachian Mountains where figitive bomber Eric Rudolf was able to elude a federal manhunt for years.

#20     Oct 17, 2005