Going for 3 interviews around NY

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by cubical, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Surdo

Surdo

#11     Oct 28, 2008
  2. BoSoxFan

BoSoxFan

Ok---well i guess they don't have an office here in Boston.

so i had a few questions:
    1) Do they want an intial deposit?

2) I'm new to prop trading, but not trading, i used to work on an institutional desk @ Bear Stearns in Boston before they went under. So i'm starting to wonder just HOW much of a benefit it would be to sit with other fellow traders???

I guess i keep thinking that if i sit next to other traders their knowledge will some how rub off...but the thing is that i've been reading everything i can get my hands on regarding trading.

I'm a big fan of Larry Levin, i go to all the trader sites, i.e. traderslog and as well as ET..so i'm thinking of just doing it remotely. Anybody have any suggestions agaisn't doing this??

I want to get in the game already.

#12     Oct 28, 2008
  3. No direct experience with any of those. But to underline what others have said, interview them. If you are interviewed by some feminist bozo who has to be right or has to control the conversation, walk. Not even worth it.

#13     Oct 28, 2008
  4. Surdo

Surdo

No need to repond to every thread, especially without adding any value!

#14     Oct 28, 2008
  5. Hold Brothers On-Line Investment Services LLC

that were Alex Gerchik from Wall st. Warriors works now as a partner! If you interwiev with him tell him NOT to use briquette coal to make shish Kebab! Use natural charcoal instead!

#15     Oct 28, 2008
  6. keep in mind YOU are interviewing THEM, not the other way around. Listen to what they offer you and choose between the 3. Don't forget to mention to each of them that you have more interviews. Personally, I wouldn't recommend HOLD.......greybox is kinda bad.

#16     Oct 28, 2008
  7. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

is that guy Alex from wall street warriors an Irish Catholic? his name sounds irish. i wonder what nationality Surdo is,i have a hunch.

#17     Oct 28, 2008
  8. No, he is Russian Jew I think.

#18     Oct 28, 2008
  9. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i should of known. is Surdo jewish?

#19     Oct 28, 2008
  10. Mecro

Mecro

I know of that guy! One of the biggest sleazebags in the industry. Stay away! Same goes for Lynx.

#20     Oct 29, 2008