Going down with the ship ...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by aphexcoil, Oct 25, 2002.

1. There are no liferafts on your ship ...

#11     Oct 25, 2002
  2. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

scenarios:

VIX on daily is at bottom of range(support) maybe pullback in equities and vix up some.

VIX on weekly is working it's way back down to the low 20's before any new major top in equities.

just pontificating.

anyway I think buying options is not an easy way to trade, probably do better selling them.

#12     Oct 25, 2002
  3. dottom

dottom

*slaps Aphe some more*

Common, dude, stick with your original plan! You've got a good technical mind so let your system do the magic for you!

#13     Oct 25, 2002
  4. m_c_a98

m_c_a98

why didn't you just trade the underlying securities in very small quantities?

#14     Oct 25, 2002
  5. bone

bone

Look at a longer term chart. Some would say the market IS correcting.

#15     Oct 25, 2002
  6. sempai

sempai

Shut up you guys.

I thought I was the worst trader on ET. Now I've found someone who actually sucks worse than me! I've needed some ego gratification (and entertainment) like this for a long time now.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

#16     Oct 25, 2002
  7. Shut up, moron. I don't see a single reason why your profane ass would ever assume that anything I said was not well-thought-through enough to deserve being posted. You obviously type first then think (if ever).
    If I did post my calls, you'd be the first PM-ing me for more, idiot.

#17     Oct 25, 2002
  8. My ability to lose money is beyond just a statistical blip -- I need to stop fighting myself and trade what I see and now what I think. It is just hard because I feel like we're still in a bear market.

Apparently what I think is always wrong -- so there should be a way to make money off always being wrong.

#18     Oct 25, 2002

9. Bingo.

We're not paid to predict; we're paid to react accordingly to price action. Nothing more, nothing less. Let the prognosticators wear suits and sit in from of CNBC cameras all day. They get paid regardless.

#19     Oct 25, 2002
  10. Maybe you should fade yourself ...

#20     Oct 25, 2002