Going back to the uptick rule when short selling

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by gimp570, Sep 20, 2008.

1. gimp570

gimp570

What do you guys think the chances are of them going back to the uptick rule when short selling....

if they do it could be the end of alot of traders......

2. dozu888

dozu888

this is the way to go.

3. gimp570

gimp570

Way to go LOL....

This is just another witch hunt.....and the gov. going overboard......

4. You're right.

Doesn't anyone else find it absolutely amazing that they are blamining everyone but the true culprits here?

These financial institutions threw the rulebook out the window when they drove their banks (and financial institutions) into the abyss by their greed and continued desire for outisze profits ... a large portion of which go to fill the coffers of the top executives at the firms.

While it is understandable that America is actually an oligarchy of the rich, it is incomprehensible that they be allowed to do whatever they want to when it comes to the economy.

It's an interesting conumdrum ... nothing works without them, but they should not be given absolute power to do whatever they want with the country's economy.

There, I think I was sufficiently middle-of-the road here to not offend anyone too much.

P.S. If I feel sorry for anyone here, it is the people who spent decades at these firms and have lost the money they set aside in their pensions and 401k's in good faith. :mad: