going against the grain?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by jjjjjjjjjjjjj, Jan 5, 2004.

1. thank you everyone for taking time to respond I will make the necessary adjustments and move on........

#11     Jan 6, 2004
  2. traderob

traderob

good matrix, pinned it near my computer

#12     Jan 7, 2004
  3. Sheez... emotion this... emotion that...

The more you say, "I'm not afraid"... the more you become conscious of your "fear" and it kills you...

Why do you guys keep on talking these BS.

His problem is simply... lack of clarity with his trades... This guy has no sort of plan or any kind of discipline.

That's the bottom line. Stop whining... "Waaahhhh... I can't do it"... it's only a freagin' mouse click away... How serious are you about trading?

Why do you trade? To make yourself feel better or to make money...

Clarity, my friend.... clarity.

#13     Jan 7, 2004
  4. This is probably true WD GANNs post any other suggestions?

#14     Jan 7, 2004
  5. Too high or too low, 2 of the worst reasons to enter a trade :(

#15     Jan 7, 2004
  6. This is a GREAT point.. I didn't realize I was doing this until

I made dumb trades after missing a profit opportunity, after making a bad trade and after getting out of a trade too early..

Once I was made aware of the above.. i.e. being mad at yourself causes you to do impulsive trading.. which is never good..

Pay attention to your emotions after these things happen to you.. You will soon see exactly what mBear is referring to..

Thanks mBear or whoever it was ..for pointing that out.. Its helped me understand my reactions trememdously

#16     Jan 7, 2004
  7. This is a GREAT point.. I didn't realize I was doing this until

I made dumb trades after missing a profit opportunity, after making a bad trade and after getting out of a trade too early..

How the hell are you going to make a dumb trade if you have a solid plan and the discipline to follow it?

Once I was made aware of the above.. i.e. being mad at yourself causes you to do impulsive trading.. which is never good..

Heh??? :confused: So being happy makes you do better trades? Taking that to your extreme... smoke some weed and trade...

Pay attention to your emotions after these things happen to you.. You will soon see exactly what mBear is referring to..

Pay attention to the market... Do you actually think that you've got this psychic ability within you that you are unaware of unconsciously??? No... seriously... you trade the market... you're full attention goes towards the market, not what you emote...

Thanks mBear or whoever it was ..for pointing that out.. Its helped me understand my reactions trememdously

*sike*

Do you guys really understand what Trading Psychology is? Why do you attach automatically attach emotions? That's probably the biggest flaws you guys have... Where's perception? Where's perspective? Where's positive or negative traumatic experiences?

:( ... Dudes... start reading some real books...

Maybe too much trading mentor books that has no idea but are good salesman... :(

#17     Jan 8, 2004
  8. WDGann,

What I'm saying or trying to say is that I'm trying to learn what makes me deviate from my plan.. Those of us that deviate from our trading plan is usually due to some type of emotions..What emotions am I experiencing that are making me continuously break my rules..
    And when I deviate from my plan.. sometimes I'm angry and sometimes I am happy.. depending on the outcome usually..

Those of us that are not as great and wonderful as you are still struggling.. and my biggest problem is emotions.. too much emotions in my trading.. which causes me to take trades that are not in my plan.. or break rules of my plan once in a trade..

When I trade without emotions.. like you said trade the market.. and nothing else. not profit/loss.. not to make up for losses.. not to try and make the big bucks. I trade very well.. those are the occasions when I'm disciplined, patient and I follow my plan..

I love you guys who post trying to shoot down others.. if you are so good at this.. please.. I beg you.. Give me some advice..

What exactly is Trading Psychology in your view??

Elighten me.. I'm all ears..

#18     Jan 8, 2004
  9. being a systems trader... I differentiate myself from my system. It is not me encountering drawdowns, it is the system encountering drawdowns. I am not saying it's not necessary to analyze oneself, but in my opinion, separating the two helps me keep things in perspective.

Rules are very important. Test your ideas. If it works well on paper, try it with demo or small bets. Once you understand how the system works, try it for real.

Andy

#19     Jan 8, 2004
  10. Heh...

You've already answered your question. You've got experience trading without emotions and it worked out well.

So what the hell is your question? What kind of enlightenment are you looking for?

You've already proven a solution to yourself...

#20     Jan 9, 2004