gods chosen republican for president

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jun 14, 2011.

1. so you are really the old hello is anybody home upstairs? let me get straight what you just said. so that means the republican candidates are lying to their supporters because they think they are gullible enough to believe it? will people with that kind of mindset make a good leader? after all they have to gain the confidence of all the people not just the gullible and deluded.

#11     Jun 15, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

Kind of reminds you of Obama doesnt it....

#12     Jun 15, 2011
  3. is that a strawman argument? i have seen children use that tactic as an excuse. "you should see what other kids do".

#13     Jun 15, 2011
  4. yes, very good point. furthermore, this is purely a republican phenomenon. democrats never lie and are never misleading. you should always support democrats because democrats are always honest and republicans always lie. this in no way resembles religion.

#14     Jun 15, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes, yes it does.

#15     Jun 15, 2011
  6. another strawman argument. are you two related? it like talking to children sometimes around here.

#16     Jun 15, 2011
  7. Max E.

Max E.

Kind of like the strawman argument when someone like you, who admitted to believing that Noah's Ark was real until you were 50, comes out and says, "Yeah but they still believe in religion, they are the idiots"

Id be willing to bet when you were religious you were like one of those jehovahs witnesses who went door to door telling everyone who didnt believe just how stupid they were.

#17     Jun 15, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

No offense Vhehn, but you make a lot of childish arguments on ET. If the shoe fits...

#18     Jun 15, 2011
  9. you would think that someone like you would know what a strawman arguement is but i guess not. besides i never ever said i believed in noahs ark until 50. but you are good at making shit up.

"A straw man is a component of an argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by substituting it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position

#19     Jun 15, 2011
  10. prove it

#20     Jun 15, 2011