god told me to post this here

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 4, 2003.

1. WTF? Am I chopped liver? :D

#61     Nov 4, 2003
  2. Hehehe... well he DID say:

"feel free to add yourself to the list. :p"

peace

axeman

#62     Nov 4, 2003
  3. When backed into a corner, they must label your sound
    arguments as childish, and your analogies to fairy tales as insulting. :D

This coming from the guy who joked that I was dropped
    on my head at birth and implied I was brain damaged.

Just more theist hypocrisy.

peace

axeman

#63     Nov 4, 2003
  4. God told him that.

#64     Nov 4, 2003
  5. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

Gordon,
    You asked for some catchy atheist group names and slogans. These are off the top of my head....

Atheists for Jesus.

Church of Nobody's home....

Hell yea...... we won't pray.

If you are going to heaven, I would rather not.

And my all time favorite prayer.

Yea, though I walk through the shadow of death,
    I shall fear no evil,
    as I am the meanest son of a bitch in the valley!

:D :D

#65     Nov 4, 2003
  6. Obviously this thread has turned into a free for all. I'm just going to post this one little tidbit then my work will be done here.

No matter what the "truth" is the non-believers will never have the last laugh. If we really did evolove from monkeys without the help of a higher power, and this life is all there is, then when a believer dies he will do so ignorant of the truth, and the unbeliever will be likewise unable to confirm that he was right, that death is the end of it all because he will cease to exist at that moment also. So the unbeliever will not get the last laugh and the believer will die ignorant, (not that the knowledge of the truth would have done him any good anyway).

But if life does continue after death, then it would indeed be a "Priceless" moment to see the look on an unbeliever's face when he first realizes that he is both dead and yet he continues to exist! And does anyone care to guess what the first thing that an unbeliever would do once he realized that his beliefs were false? I'd wager that he would start praying. Oh the irony!

Ok that's my little rib at the unbelievers and hopefully will be taken all in good fun.

#66     Nov 4, 2003
  7. axe,

when you debate, you use some statements like, "strawman," "poisoning the well," etc. can you list these and give an example of each? if there are like more than 10, i won't ask you to list them all.

when i'm arguing something, i would like to be able to identify and categorize what people are actually saying, as you do.

thanks

#67     Nov 4, 2003
  8. jem

jem

Aroguetrader has a very interesting take on the need for prayer and perhaps that is the reason why when mom or mother in law or others say something like we were praying for you to pass your drivers license test, I respond by saying please wait for something more important. Again, I know this thought is against most christians beliefs in the efficacy of prayer but I still do want to waste gods time.

two- Gordon, I will prayer for you, and I very very rarely ever say that to anybody. See my thoughts above.

three- Gordon Gekko --
    This god thing really gets to you. You want me to stop believing in God. Read some books relating to the fulfillment of old testament prophesy and debunk them. If you were to do that I would have tremendous respect for you and you would make millions of dollars in royalties and talk shows. Plus you could have sex with every braless feminist atheist model in New York. Then you cold hit the talk shows and make more money than Dr. Phill.

#68     Nov 4, 2003
  9. Do a google search on "logical fallacies".
    You will get lot's of hits.

Here is one to start with:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

peace

axeman

#69     Nov 4, 2003
  10. #70     Nov 4, 2003