god told me to post this here

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Yes yes yes your right.

Turn off your intellect.

Turn off your senses.

And then all will be obvious. :D

Your version of faith is just about the silliest mythology
    I have ever heard of.

peace

axeman

#261     Nov 10, 2003
  2. You sarcasm and smug pronouncement is an emotional reaction.

You provide proof that man is more than intellect and senses, yet in your vanity you attempt to elevate limited senses and limited relativistic logic to a position where absolute conclusions are drawn.

Limited intelligence=limited results.

What could be sillier than a limited being making pronouncements on the concept and viability of unlimited intelligence?

Sort of like watcing little kids dress up as adults and pretend to understand.

#262     Nov 10, 2003
  3. Okay, but you're leaving out the most important details of your belief system. Without any Scripture and w/o any direct contact with God, how do you know all the basic questions of life: what God wants? how should you live your life? what is faith? what is love? etc. etc. etc.

Are you just going on gut feel? That's the part I don't get....

#263     Nov 10, 2003
  4. Parents provide the basic nutrients to a child so that he can grow. Without this, the child will not survive.

When the child's mind develops enough so that he can think for himself, he can begin to ask the kind of questions you did.

Life is a great teacher, it teaches us that this world is limited. Our own experience shows us that we are never fully satisfied with the experiences in this world, we always want more. We want perfection by nature, we seek perfection in an imperfect world. So we live in an imperfect world, yet are driven to find perfection.

If someone understands this truth, then they begin to seek out where to find perfection.

God wants his children to have the most they can have, which is His love. Simply ask for that love.

Start with God first, sincerly, from the bottom of your heart ask Him these questions, He will guide you.

This is not an intellectual exercise or game. It is looking to the very depths of you being to find the reality of your existence, and coming to the truth of knowing something is missing.

Seek and ye shall find.

#264     Nov 10, 2003
  5. "You sarcasm and smug pronouncement is an emotional reaction. "

Yeah it is... im busy laughing real hard at the absurd
    ideas you post which you attempt to show as valid in any form :D

"What could be sillier than a limited being making pronouncements on the concept and viability of unlimited intelligence?"

Thats easy. Your idea that you expect anyone to BELIEVE
    your silly notion that such an unlimited intelligence exists
    without a single shred of evidence :D

"Sort of like watcing little kids dress up as adults and pretend to understand. "

Better look in a mirror.
    Only kids have such fairty tale fantasies about special magical
    internal powers which give ONLY THEM knowledge of super
    magical beings in other immaterial realms. LMAO :D

Way off the deep end you go.

I'll go back to my emotion of laughing my ass off now :D

peace

axeman

#265     Nov 10, 2003
  6. I think he has made it quite clear that he acts soley on gut feel.
    Thats the whole problem. He can believe anything he wants.
    HE knows all because HE is the only one who can correctly
    use his magical powers (Faith) LOL :D

Oh well... it's been fun. Think ill go count my MATERIAL 2Gs that
    I made while responding to this sillyness this morning :D

peace

axeman

#266     Nov 10, 2003
  7. You failed to provide evidence that you didn't fail at the practice of faith.

You have failed to show that your method is the correct method in which to discover ultimate reality.

Now you attempt to minimize these important aspects by using ad hominem attacks, something that you routinely bring up about others to support your sense of superiority when it serves you. That smacks of inconsistency, doesn't it?

So much for logic and reason on your part.

It is an observable fact that people who feel inferior internally........often have a need to attempt to demonstrate superiority externally.

Telling the world how much money you made is just more evidence of an inferiority complex.

Your simplistic tricks don't work. The more you try, the more you reveal your immaturity and mean spiritedness. Your behavior continues to conform to the syndrome of the failed theist, who refuses to address the underlying unresolved issues. Your sarcasm and bile is yet another example of passive aggressive behavior, and is consistent with a narcissistic approach to life.

Where you long for a debate in which you think you can win, my preference would be to have a clinical psychologist perform a full evaluation of your behavior to paint a picture of a wounded child who continues to have problems with authority figures, or authority concepts.

Next step will be to make some public pronouncement of placing me on ignore.....just as you did before, another example of inconsistency.

You may believe your mind to be logical and consistent, but there is much inconsistency and insecurity underneath the surface.

#267     Nov 10, 2003
  8. LOL!

"You failed to provide evidence that you didn't fail at the practice of faith."

apparently, you can't even read.
    Gee...how many times do I have to admit this before you
    will let it go?

How many times do I have to show how irrelevant this is?

HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... try turning on that
    intellect which you reject, and maybe you will finally realize
    that the ONLY reason I reject your ridiculous faith mythology
    is BECAUSE of its GLARING inconsistencies, and your complete
    LACK of proof that it is anything beyond mere fiction.

As for your pop-psychology psycho babble.... nothing more
    but more poisoning the well. You apparently have no clue what this means.

All kneel before the master psychologist and get this...

THE ONLY PERSON ON EARTH who can CORRECTLY use faith.

Everyone ELSE on earth who uses faith and comes to a DIFFERENT
    conclusion than ART is WRONG, because he is OBVIOUSLY
    not practicing faith properly if it contradicts HIS faith.

LMAOOO.... could you BE any more pompous Dr. Omniscient???

Hey... maybe you could set up a 1-800 Mrs Cleo style line, and allow
    all these other BELIEVERS who cant possibly use faith as
    correctly as you, to talk to god? A direct line of sorts.
    You could make millions...LOL :D

Your position has simply gotten even TOO ridiculous for me to consider.

Ok...now for the next installment of Dr Pop-psychology.
    We await eagerly. LOL. Not only do you think you have the
    ONLY magic link to your supreme mythical god, now you
    think your a psychologist!! :D LMAOOOOO.....

I'll let Shoeshine challenge your mythology.
    Even other THINKING theists can see right through your
    incredible unsupported claims and fictions. :D

Oh boo hoo... I have to go now... my WOUNDED internal child
    cant take your abuse any more... LMAOOOOOOOOO!
    OMG... I cant stop laughing! :D :D :D

peace

axeman

#268     Nov 10, 2003
  9. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a better way to word your position is "My faith is in God directly and in MY understanding of God and whatever MY particular opinion may be."

That's fine - it's extremely common in America to make up your own religion. I know a lot of people who take a little of this and a little of that and come up with something they feel comfortable with.

Just realize that you are gambling that God has not already codified who He is and that you are in a position to uniquely discern the mind of God…

#269     Nov 10, 2003
  10. There is of course another huge assumption in your belief system: that God would go to the trouble of creating a universe, finely tuning it, placing life on it and then leave that life completely on its own w only vague levels of contact from Him.

Of course, there are many intelligent people that believe this, but even so I've never understood this sort of thinking. It almost portrays God as the "Architect" in the Matrix, a distant and stern scientist who just wants to see what unfolds on the globe before Him...

#270     Nov 10, 2003