God moves in malicious ways

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, May 4, 2012.

1. the question at hand is why would a grown up thinking person worship such a being,if it really existed?

#11     May 4, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

I love the "grow up" bit, as if maturity resolves the question.

Anyway, the only way it can work, and this is kind of what phoenix is getting at with his "greater" morality idea, is if this life, this world, is not the last world. If it's not, then one can imagine a place where you'll be later, where you'll perhaps see that the suffering here was essentially just a bad dream, and there's no real harm done.

Otherwise yeah, you're right, it's crazy to think, even with the giving Man free will argument, that changing microorganisms are either being "evolved" by God, or allowed to evolve by God.

#12     May 4, 2012
  3. Perhaps you are missing something?

#13     May 4, 2012
  4. explain to me your rational for worshiping a being that is actively creating pathogens right now that kill people.

#14     May 4, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Maybe he thinks, as I do, that the earth is over populated.

#15     May 4, 2012
  6. Why?

#16     May 4, 2012
  7. so i can better understand how people like you rationalize nonsense. as a bonus ,who knows, if your argument is convincing i could be indoctrinated into your cult.

#17     May 4, 2012
  8. Atheists are always going to have problems with the concept of death and it's various ways of manifesting as somehow malevolent no matter how benign.

Why they bother isn't a quest for knowledge it's a quest to ridicule.

That's what makes them so cute

#18     May 4, 2012
  9. Who says I want azzholes like you in my cult?

#19     May 4, 2012
  10. you would have less cognitive dissonance if i were in your cult. i bet you have gone through your whole life without thinking about what you believe and why before you came here.

#20     May 4, 2012