"god" legalizes gay marriage in massachusetts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 18, 2003.

1. WRONG! the Bible is NOT cool with slavery. You need to go back and read the Book of 1st & 2nd Peter. There you will find the reference to "Man Stealing". This is a direct reference to people being taken "Captive" against thier will.

Slavery DOES take place in the Bible but it is not the same as you imply. The slavery mentioned in both the Old and New testament refer to indebtness. Servitude could take place if you had debts that you could not pay. Also there were laws in place that made it basically an Employer/Employee relationship in which during Greek times the slave/employee had rights under the law that protected them and once the dept was repaid they had to be released from there indenturedness and some even decided to stay and continue to work for there Employer/Masters because they paid them fair wages and were kind.

U.S. slavery/slave trade was something altogether different in that it violated ones civil rights and the captives were stolen from their homeland and treated like cattle and were denied rights and privileges and freedoms guaranteed under the law.

I think you know exactly what I'm talking about.
    I digress.
    :)

#21     Nov 19, 2003