"god" legalizes gay marriage in massachusetts

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Nov 18, 2003.

1. BTW, irrational religious mysticism aside, it's kinda silly for two non-incarcerated men to become husband and wife, don't you think? How about legalizing gay unions instead of gay marriage?

Gay unions could have all the same legal statuses and rights as married hetero couples. Has anyone ever polled actual homosexuals to find out what <b>they</b> think? From the conversations I've had with them, I don't get the impression that the whole gay marriage idea has a whole lot of grassroots support among the average queer.

#11     Nov 18, 2003
  2. You're at least partly correct. :)

#12     Nov 18, 2003
  3. actually, i don't have a problem with just giving gays legal partnerships. if a religion says only a man and woman can marry, then that's the pathetic religion's rule, as dumb as it is. kind of like how private clubs can make rules. i will actually defend religion on that point. i am definitely for giving them legal partnerships, though.

but as i have said before, any religion that discriminates against gays is a POS religion. this just shows you how WEAK popular religions are. they're filled with stuff like this...

HERE IS WHAT'S SO PATHETIC. arcane beliefs of hundreds of years ago get carried into the present day. religious people don't want gays getting married because a long time ago it was not accepted. but that's what the bible says, so they still apply the discrimination today. SO PATHETIC......

#13     Nov 18, 2003
  4. Are you saying that difference between a union and a marriage is both accord certain legal rights and obligations to the individuals but that only marriage should be a religious event?

I thought that gay couples seeking marriage want not only to mark thier union by ceremony but wish to be granted the same legal and tax benefits that male-female marrieds receive.

If a gay person who has spent the last 30 years living with a partner with whom he/she jointly owns a house and the partner dies, it is punitive and socially destabilizing to impose an inheritance tax on the surviving partner, for example.

Gekko, a lot of anti gay feeling has nothing to do with the bible.

#14     Nov 18, 2003
  5. Yeah, right! No wonder that in this country some kids attempt to fly having watched a few cartoons. Too bad that even grown-ups are affected by this kind of 'thinking'. Now, I challenge you to break the law of gravity, just to begin with, by flying from your home to Paris. Later you might want to try quantum tunneling via the same route. Possible, but considering your size not very likely. Oh, BTW, I almost forgot... use your free will!

#15     Nov 18, 2003
  6. I am new to Geckoism.

I have read some of the attacks against your belief system but I have not seen YOU GG give a rationale as to WHY you believe what you believe. Could you please explain your position on the subject more clearly?

Why do you NOT believe in GOD?

What is your explanation of complex biological structures withen the origin of the species?

How did the earth come into being?

Please expound on these concepts so that I might further understand your position.

Thank You
    Contro.

#16     Nov 18, 2003
  7. HERE IS WHAT'S SO PATHETIC. arcane beliefs of hundreds of years ago get carried into the present day. religious people don't want gays getting married because a long time ago it was not accepted. but that's what the bible says, so they still apply the discrimination today. SO PATHETIC...... [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually GG I have done some digging on the subject and the religious right as you lable them do not have a problem with GAY marriage. They have a problem with the newly interpreted definition of marriage between a man and a women being redefined as man and man woman and woman.

Furthermore, the religious right disagrees based on the fact that Homosexuality goes against the laws of nature in that anal sex is harmful to the body from a biological perspective. The anus was never intended to be penetrated. Furthermore, the anus has thin linning which can easily be punctured or ruptured and can act as a conduit for decease especially those that are sexually transmitted.

#17     Nov 18, 2003

8. Actually the Bible does not discrimminate between Sin.
    Homosexuality, Beastality and all deviant sexual behavior is classified along with Slavery, Lieing , stealing, cheating, murder and the like as moraly wrong and sinful according to the Bible.

However, it does not matter what the Bible says as long as you don't believe in the Bible.

The REAL question is:

What do you believe?

Do you belive that the Bible is Devine rather than Human in origin?

YOUR worldview dictates what you believe!

#18     Nov 18, 2003
  9. Nah, I just meant that a gay union would apply the exact same legal status as a regular marriage, except it would just have a different <b>name</b>, that's all.

Oh, and CONTRARIAN, the Bible is totally cool with slavery. Just so you know.

#19     Nov 18, 2003
  10. I bet the Teamsters won't like the prospect of "union member" having that new meaning.

#20     Nov 18, 2003