God is...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You talk about church all the time, but being a Christian is about having a relationship with God. Church is a nice benefit though.:)

#811     Jan 20, 2022
    userque likes this.

2. Listening to this song now and figured why not post it. Everybody else is posting songs today. And I'm sure @themickey will say it looks cultish.:D

#812     Jan 20, 2022
    userque likes this.
  3. userque

userque

Example of Black, Baptist Gospel music.

Had to listen to another one my favorites, so we have two examples now.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    #813     Jan 20, 2022
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

If that gives you pleasure, fine, does nothing for me.

#814     Jan 20, 2022
  5. userque

userque

That's what she said.

#815     Jan 20, 2022
  6. ph1l

ph1l

Yes, no (I only participate in a small number of trading-related Internet forums), and NA.

I couldn't find anything specific to this (accidentally getting run over on you way to church), but I did find sites with unsatisfying answers like
    https://www.christianity.com/wiki/god/does-god-allowing-suffering.html

#816     Jan 20, 2022
  7. themickey

themickey

Are you guys Amish?

#817     Jan 20, 2022
  8. Baron

Baron ET Founder

With all due respect, I have presented to you arguments based upon real-life personal experience, and your responses are always one of two approaches: You either argue by asking me another question or you argue based upon a premise of comparing religion to science. I never once stated that I was a scientist or that science is superior in any way to religion so I'm not sure why you keep trying to steer the conversation down a route that pits religion vs. science. Furthermore, virtually none of your posts have communicated any of your own personal experiences that would support any of your arguments at all. I have no problem debating back and forth about something but you've got to give me more of your own personal experience than generic statements like the Bible has fulfilled prophecies that deserved your attention and credibility.

#818     Jan 20, 2022
  9. Thanks, those were great!
    I listen to this song when I'm low on energy. Somehow it perks me up. :D

I don't know much about Eddie James ministries, except that the words to this song are excellent and his website says he works with troubled youth, which is awesome!

Eddie rescues, restores, and disciples youth who are coming out of drug addiction, street life, gangs, violence, abuse, and perverse lifestyles through his recovery and Discipleship ’N Art programs. These highly effective programs have empowered youth to experience a life in freedom and discover their true significance.
    https://www.eddiejames.com/about

#819     Jan 20, 2022
    userque likes this.
  10. Who is you guys?

:D

I'm not Amish or Mennonite, but I have known some wonderful born-again Mennonites.

The singers aren't Amish or Mennonite either.

#820     Jan 20, 2022
    themickey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.