God is...

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by studentofthemarkets, Jul 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Very interesting paper. I particularly liked this paragraph:

Why did Newton only rarely add up the prophetic numbers?

Because he was wary of prophetic date-setting. Newton was worried that the failure of fallible human predictions based on divine prophecy would bring the Bible into disrepute. Ironically, in one of the two times Newton wrote down the 2060 date, he railed against date-setters (see below). Newton may have been aghast if he had known his prediction would be broadcast around the world in the twenty-first century. His calculations about the 2060 date were private musings made on a scrap of paper not meant for the public. Ironically, the media coverage of the 2060 date has made Newton look like a date-setter.

#121     Sep 7, 2021
    userque likes this.
  2. Depending on how they are trolling, sometimes the nicer, funny trolls aren't too bad if they don't post anything offensive and they aren't being obnoxious. :D

#122     Sep 7, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

*BELCH, FART*.

#123     Sep 7, 2021
  4. THAT IS OFFENSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#124     Sep 7, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Jesus was gay? Chew on that.

#125     Sep 7, 2021
  6. Ok, that is definitely not true or funny. Why are you posting that?

#126     Sep 7, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

How do you know it is not true or funny? Were you there at the time?

#127     Sep 7, 2021
  8. How do we know anything that has happened in the past? We only can know the past based on evidence.

There is evidence that Jesus lived a life in accordance with the Old Testament law.

Here are two Old Testament verses that apply to Jesus:

This entire chapter is describing Jesus and specifically mentions two qualities of His character in Isaiah 53:9b:

he had done no violence,
    nor was any deceit in his mouth.​

Because Jesus is God, He is as good and pure as God. Habakkuk 1:13a says of God:

Your eyes are too pure to look on evil; you cannot tolerate wrongdoing.​

Here are some New Testament verses showing he kept the Law and did not sin.

Jesus said in John 8:46, "Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don’t you believe me?"

Jesus said in Matthew 5:17, "Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

2 Corinthians 5:21 says that Jesus knew no sin:

God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.

Written testimonies can be submitted as evidence in a court. When there is written evidence of a plan and then evidence that plan was followed, you have two forms of evidence that provide for a stronger case. There is very strong evidence in the Old Testament of the plan for Jesus to come and be a Savior and ruling King. There is also very strong evidence in the form of written testimonies of witnesses, saying that those Old Testament plans were fulfilled for Jesus to become the Savior and that He promised to one day rule as King in the future.

Jesus fulfilled over 300 Old Testament Scriptures.

The Old Testament feast of Passover, when Jesus was crucified, points to Jesus becoming our Passover.

There is a story in the Old Testament story of Moses being told by God to put a bronze snake up on a pole so that those dying from the bite of the serpents could be saved. Jesus said that His death was just like this Old Testament story. Those who will look to Jesus will be saved from the sin. The Serpent in the Garden of Eden gave the deadly “sin bite” to our first parents that has been passed on to each of us.

This passage in Daniel actually gives the time for the Messiah to come, counting from the return of the Jews from exile, and it even says that the Messiah will die in the place of others. Daniel 9:24-27

24 “Seventy ‘sevens’[a] are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish[b] transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place.[c]

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One,[d] the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’ It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.[e]

This verse, Micah 5:2 shows that the coming Messiah was going to be One who is eternal.

But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come forth for Me One to be ruler over Israel—One whose origins are of old, from the days of eternity.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    #128     Sep 8, 2021
  9. userque

userque

Yes, of course we all have different thresholds.

Yours is the most lenient I've ever seen. :)

I'll plant; I'll water; but I won't try to make it grow. IMO, That's crossing the line of our responsibilities, and contrary to Matt. 7:6, etc.

Engaging clowns is also contrary, imo.

Matt. 7:6 is there for a reason.

#129     Sep 8, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  10. Yes, I know. But I keep thinking about what will happen to each person who comes across this thread who has not been saved by Jesus, and that is what motivates me to at least keep sharing. I can't change their minds, but I can show them the evidence within the Bible and that might make a difference for someone. And if it doesn't, at least I know I tried.

I heard a Christian who just recently came out of Afghanistan say that he talked to some of the Christians there that had an opportunity to flee but they chose to stay. They all said the same thing, that perhaps in their death, one or two would come to Christ. It was worth it to them to give up their lives and face torture for the sake of one person being saved from an eternity in hell to the eternal joy of friendship with God.

I often think of these words Jesus spoke of those who never receive Him. These words explain why I continue to post. Maybe someone, someday will remember some of the Scriptures and call on Jesus to become their Savior.

That is why I said that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I Am who I claim to be, you will die in your sins. John 8:24 NLT

#130     Sep 8, 2021
    userque likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.