God is the Devil?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 88888accountant, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Post #14 here lists some resources from a kindred mind (UrbanMonk). My posts represent a synthesis of these kinds of resources, interpreted for clarity in response to various questions...answered in the name of Christ!

Christ!

#21     Jul 7, 2009
  2. The book of Job symbolizes blasphemous slander (b.s.) against God. As such, it symbolizes the bulk of Hebrew contribution to humanities opinion of God...with the exception of Jesus.

You don't know what "friends of the world" really means. And being a freind of the world, you are unawares you are conceptually an enemy of God. Like I said, God has no enemies. And when you admit you don't exist, you will experience the resurrection that Jesus experienced.

Christ!

#22     Jul 7, 2009
  3. stu

stu

#23     Jul 7, 2009
  4. stu

stu

...with the exception of Gilbert.

#24     Jul 7, 2009
  5. What?!? There was a book of gilbert?? OMG, my scriptural studies seem incomplete, I will likely burn in hell now, rats, darn and tarnation, I didn't know there was a "new", book of some random prophet!!!?
    What am I supposed to do now? I cant learn more hymns, will sacrificing a goat do? I'm so over this stuff, cant some organisation/religous body simply give me eternal salvation, or what......

#25     Jul 7, 2009
  6. You claiming to be Christ is blasphemous. Your unbiblical claims sound like that of the devil, trying to get the believer to go off onto that rabbit trail will lead to the wide road, but let me put it to rest with this passage....

Matthew 24:23-25 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. See, I have told you ahead of time

There you go...you just got pwnt by the word of God! :D

#26     Jul 7, 2009
  7. TGregg

TGregg

If ignorance is bliss and the unexamined life is not worth living, then it logically follows that the blissful life is not worth living.

:D

#27     Jul 7, 2009
  8. How does it go again? "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

#28     Jul 7, 2009
  9. That saying has been watered down. The first person to say it was John Dalberg-Acton (Born 1834 died 1902) and the saying orginally went like this....

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men.

The man that originally said this was talking about politicians as he was also a politician. The statement also most likely came from just his personal experiences of the mid 1800s. Notice 99.9% of people leave out the last part of his quote "great men are almost always bad men" So he was talking about men...not God.

#29     Jul 7, 2009
  10. According to lore, didn't the god you believe in make man in his own image? If so, where does the similarity end? (And if you answer that question, then who gave you the authority to mark the point of demarcation?)

#30     Jul 7, 2009