God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by killthesunshine, Mar 19, 2010.

1. freetinker, lincoln was your kind of scum and a traitor to the founding fathers, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

#11     Mar 19, 2010
  2. jem

jem

well I just did some research.

while some of your quotes are disputed.

I withdraw my statement about him being devout christian.

I do not withdraw my statements about who led the opposition to slavery.

#12     Mar 19, 2010
  3. the fact that humans continue to argue over god, no god, just goes to show how fucking retarded they are

#13     Mar 19, 2010
  4. And your use of profane language just goes to show how juvenile you are. Only 16 year old high schoolers talk like that(and also people with the mental capacity of a 16 year old). So maybe you shouldn't use the word retarded when you havent quite learned to speak like an adult yourself yet. Its a little like the pot calling the kettle black.

#14     Mar 20, 2010
  5. Very good video. Thank you for posting it.

#15     Mar 20, 2010

6. First ... I very much agree that religion is an unhealthy thing
    as history has proved the zealotry and venom and
    hatred and senseless attacking of others ... that it produces hatred, death and murder and not life and peace.
    Religious zealotry is what killed Jesus Christ the Messiah.

Hence you have erred in your presumption. (As most Zealots do)
    God is NOT religious ... He is God and lovingly provided a solution for mans predicament.

It is man who opts to be religious.
    This is the problem with religion. Even people who foam venom against religion ...
    they are deeply religious ... it is evident in their "Religious Zealotry" of "Anti-Religion."

That venom in what people speak or type only shows they are
    deceived in their heart and their religious/anti-religious zealotry is born of pride.

You see ... killthesunshine ... you epitomize the worst of the very thing you hate.
    It is a sad and ironic situation.
    The problem is that very same pride causes a blindness to the truth.

If one must be religious then the only pure way that isn't Pride Born garbage and stands the test before a
    Non-Religious God would be to serve downtrodden people in
    their lives distresses, and to keep oneself clean from the evils of the world.

Get wisdom and learn that those who judge
    are judged by the measure they weigh things by.

It is a simple truth and just as real as gravity. It is a law of order.

#16     Mar 20, 2010
  7. Ricter

Ricter

Nothing Lincoln said there necessarily means he was not Christian. He may have been a Transcendentalist, which had its heyday in his time. Now, if you say that one cannot be a Christian unless one rejects any and all wisdom found in other scriptures, you may have an argument that Lincoln cannot be a Christian.

#17     Mar 20, 2010
  8. He may have been anything...

Point is that he is not specific in any of his comments or writings as subscribing to a particular religion...

Do Christians get to say who is, or who is not a Christian?

Wouldn't Christians actually believe that Christ has the final say so as to who actually was a Christian on this earth?

#18     Mar 20, 2010
  9. That turd lincoln and other lie-brals could claim anything they want to:doesn't mean I have to buy it.

#19     Mar 20, 2010
  10. Sorry, Heaven is not for sale for you to buy...

#20     Mar 20, 2010