God in Medicine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mythos, Jun 15, 2006.

1. it seems especially curious since gods stated goal is to have man worship him.

#41     Jun 16, 2006
  2. "it seems especially curious since gods stated goal is to have man worship him."
    I'm not sure if that is true. It's a "comment" recorded by someone back in history (maybe) and not necessarily god's words. Iow potential "hearsay" or conjecture to make people walk a certain path.
    Geez, I hope we're not going to burn in hell for this (hell=place made up to frighten children and some adults to make them behave. Who knows?).
    Daddy's boy

#42     Jun 16, 2006
  3. You just said it. You can't prove a negative.

So your claim that there is overwhelming evidence that God does not exist is illogical and false.

#43     Jun 16, 2006
  4. Exactly where did God state that?

#44     Jun 16, 2006
  5. Do you really not get the point, or are you playing infant child?

#45     Jun 16, 2006
  6. Do you really not get the point, or are you playing infant child?

Well, let me see.
    You are implying that we are too naive to understand god's purpose - right?
    Well, if we are that naive then how could we possibly be clever enough to understand his existence or the evidence/lack of? Or should we just emulate the native tribes of some forsaken backwater and blindly believe that thunder and lightning (read god/bible/miracle cures etc.) originate from some spirit? Also, because we are human, we are faulty. Surely god would know that and forgive us accordingly. After all he did create us.
    So, I'll ask again. What is your point?
    daddy's boy

#46     Jun 16, 2006
  7. Yes, I am implying that we are not in a position to understand the mind of God.

I am not suggesting what people should believe, I am only pointing out how illogical it is for a limited being like a human being to question the reasons and motives of God.

#47     Jun 16, 2006
  8. "Yes, I am implying that we are not in a position to understand the mind of God.

I am not suggesting what people should believe, I am only pointing out how illogical it is for a limited being like a human being to question the reasons and motives of God."

I agree. My point is that there also is no reason to blindly follow a path dictated by what other HUMANS have recorded. Again, it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god, but to threaten punishment for those who are uncertain or don't believe is downright silly. Just as silly as the self righteous behaviour of those who are certain that there is a god and those who are certain there's no god. By now you've probably worked out that I'm an agnostic.
    Daddy's boy

#48     Jun 16, 2006
  9. You say there is "no reason."

Not for you perhaps, but for others they have their own good reason.

Who are you to judge what is a good reason, when you have no evidence that they are wrong in their belief systems?

#49     Jun 16, 2006
  10. "Who are you to judge what is a good reason, when you have no evidence that they are wrong in their belief systems"

Am I missing something here? Didn't I just say that I'm not judging anyone since there is no evidence either way (quote: "Again, it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god")? Didn't I agree with you?
    Geez, give me a break chief.
    Daddy's boy

#50     Jun 16, 2006