God in Medicine

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mythos, Jun 15, 2006.

1. stu

stu

It is God's state which is the problem. Whatever that state is or is not, it is a limitation which God has.
    If God is limitless and has the power to turn that limitlessness on or off , then that is God's state. God does not then have a different state. There is the limitation.

#11     Jun 15, 2006
  2. I think you misread or I miscommunicated my post, because we are saying the same thing with different words.

I am simply stating that "if" God could be permanently nailed down in any way, that part of God would cease to be God, because God could no longer change that property. This is a non sequitur, because God is all powerful, thus no part of God can ever possibly be known with certainty -- God is always free to change the rules so as to remain unknowable.

#12     Jun 15, 2006
  3. You are all trying desperately to put into words and thoughts that which is beyond human comprehension, and therefore beyond your capability to do so.

It would be like asking a three-year old child to give you the nature of the universe.

#13     Jun 15, 2006
  4. Come on, man. Anyone who's ever been three years old remembers that at that age they knew FOR CERTAIN, the natura of the universe!

It's only us old people who can't comprehend.

Although, a young woman's nipples still look like the entire universe to me -- just not my mama's! LOL!

#14     Jun 15, 2006
  5. stu

stu

There is nothing beyond human comprehension about God. God is perfectly comprehensible in all Its guises as nothing more than an idea based on duplicitous equivocations.

#15     Jun 15, 2006
  6. stu

stu

...especially the part where God is said to be all powerful . That could not possibly be known with any certainty

#16     Jun 15, 2006
  7. all you guys and gals making God upset imo....

[​IMG]

#17     Jun 15, 2006
  8. Ricter

Ricter

Last I read that's false. Similar to optimism and nurses that do nothing more than appear to care, it is helpful in recovery.

#18     Jun 15, 2006
  9. Mythos

Mythos

It is difficult for me to understand how an omnipotent being would allow the suffering involved in some types of illness. I heard the prayers of the faithful around thier dying loved ones. They were beyond medical help, so they were apparently beyond God's help as well. If there is any place where God could work miracles, it would be in a hospital. The hospital is a place where I have witnessed a lot of supernatural cruelty. Faith seems to me to be a security blanket for adults.

Mythos

#19     Jun 15, 2006
  10. Mythos

Mythos