God Idiots are Idiots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rowenwood, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So shall we discuss second base then eh? Or shall I show you the end in a single sentence?

#41     Mar 14, 2004
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, that is not true. The sun rises in the east, this is not a statement of opinion but of fact. Water freezes at 32 degrees fahrenheit, fact. Water boils at 212 degrees fahrenheit, fact. I am a profitable trader, fact. There are 60 seconds to a minute, 60 minutes to an hour, 24 hours to a day, all facts. Now this argument you are trying to make can easily be proven, yes proven, not just opinion or conjecture but fact. The fact that you don't this is quite amusing to me.

I've said this before and I will say it again, it's NOT how you define God. I might be God, doesn't matter to the argument. I am asking you to make a strategic move here that will prove your point, yes I said prove your point, but you fail to see the easy A to B move you can make that will prove your argument. I have already given you so many clues and yet you still don't see it so I'm not going to help you any more.

OK, let's try this one more time. You said God idiots are idiots which I think you could have written that statement a little more eloquently but I take it you have never taken a writing class in college, that's fine. I then asked you to define God and idiots so that you can make your argument. Now comes your move. And you don't see the shot. It's right there in front of you, but you don't see it. Instead your afraid to say anything thinking that you are going to lose. This really is not that hard. In fact if I changed the subject let's say from God to trading you would probably get it right away. The problem is you are too hung up on God to see this argument clearly. You are being blinded by your own ideology. This is not that hard I'm telling you. Just substitute anything else for God and then see how you would make that argument. OK?

#42     Mar 14, 2004
  3. God Idiots are Idiots is an awkward line. Awkwardness is an effect I wanted it to have.

God is just a word, and the context I used it in is apparent.

And the sun rises in the East is an opinion agreed upon by everyone. You see one can't be certain of anything unless one calculates everything first. One cannot calculate or know everything since the beginning of time. This is the difference between atheism and agnosticism. Agnosticism is the level above atheism. If you'd like to advance I'd recomend you exercise your free will in attempt to understand what I've written.

Also, you seem to be a controll freak. You should consider losing control and acting in ways opposite to your regular character. You would probably find the experience uplifting.

God idiots are idiots, be happy you're not one. Thanks for the reference of that book,I think I might enjoy it.

I recomend the philosopher: Deleuze.

#43     Mar 14, 2004
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

I cannot believe you still are not getting this. I told you 1000 times it does not matter how you define God. There is one sentence that you could add, one thing you could say that would make your statement 100% irrefutable. Think about it man. Stop being so emotional about it. Remove God and use trading instead. Pretend you are a lawyer arguing for both the prosecution and the defense. You are making an argument for the jury. You want the jury to see 100% without a doubt that you are right. How would you go about doing that? Then once you figure that out come back and substitute that same strategy for God and you will have it.

What did you say you majored in in college? This is not that hard. I think you are holding on to tight because you are afraid you are going to define God incorrectly even though I told you 1000 times that how you define God is irrelevant.

#44     Mar 14, 2004
  5. I don't know what you think I'm missing, why don't you just tell me? I'm a sophmore at a junior college.

#45     Mar 14, 2004
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, I refuse to solve the problem for you. No way. I'll let someone else from ET solve it for you tomorrow and you will be kicking yourself at how easy it was. I'll give them all the credit. I have given you so many clues but you are just not putting them together. I don't think you are going to get it. You would have already gotten it by now. You are just not thinking on the right level. I can't help you man. Sorry. I guess we should give someone else a shot at this. You have taken enough stabs, well not really but enough posts.

#46     Mar 14, 2004
  7. What I'm amazed by is the fact that I've been debating with an atheist. You sure are sneaky. Though I only guessed about your philosphical status. I've got to go now and read my little options book before I fall asleep.

goodnight

#47     Mar 14, 2004
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, let give you some advice, put the options book away. You will get killed trying to trade them. If you can't see the strategy in this argument then you won't be able to figure options out. Options require intense strategy and strategy is not your strong suit. Sorry.

#48     Mar 14, 2004
  9. Straddles baby! and you know I've kicked your but more often than you've kicked mine.

#49     Mar 14, 2004
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

No, you have never won an argument against me, never. I gave you a fair chance tonight. I even walked you all the way to the creek. But you have to be able to drink the water. I can't make you. Oh well, I guess I'll have to save these intellectual arguments for some of the smarter guys on ET.

#50     Mar 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.