God Idiots are Idiots

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rowenwood, Mar 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Wrong answer. Before you can call anybody a God idiot you need to define God. So please define God then we can answer the question.

#11     Mar 13, 2004
  2. Here is my definition of a god idiot:

A stupid person that stupidly believes in god.

#12     Mar 13, 2004
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

OK, it's obvious to me now that you are still studying for your GED. I didn't ask what a God idiot is, I asked you to define God. This is a very simple question that deserves a simple answer. Please define God for me. If you can't define it, then you don't know what it is. Good luck with the GED.

#13     Mar 13, 2004
  4. I'm not dumb enough to engage an illogical god idiot in a debate with logic as the basis.

#14     Mar 13, 2004
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

What makes you think I'm a God idiot if you don't even know what God is? You haven't even defined God yet. Do you even know what God is? Surely you can define God.

#15     Mar 13, 2004
  6. God idiots are idiots. Why would I waste my time with the details?
    I don't know if you are a god idiot, I just assumed you are.

#16     Mar 14, 2004
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Dude, you have said the same statement now 10 times. You clearly are a few cards short of a full deck. I might agree with your statement or disagree with it but you have to define it first. So for the last time, please define God for me.

#17     Mar 14, 2004
  8. nitro

nitro

===
    1. God

a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.

b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.

2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.

3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.

4. that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.

5. A very handsome man.

6. A powerful ruler or despot.
    ====

The thesaurus gives:

===
    Entry: god
    Function: noun
    Definition: spirit
    Synonyms: absolute being, all knowing, all powerful, almighty, creator, daemon, deity, demigod, demon, divine being, divinity, father, holiness, holy spirit, idol, infinite spirit, Jehovah, lord, maker, man upstairs, numen, omnipotent, power, prime mover, providence, soul, spirit, totem, tutelary, world spirit
    Concept: religious entity
    Source: Roget's Interactive Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.0.0)
    Copyright © 2004 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
    ===

nitro

#18     Mar 14, 2004
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Do you concur with this definition then Rowenwood? If so, then I am a God, at least according to Nitro's definition. I am a very handsome man. So therefore I am God. And I believe in myself so I guess that solves that. What do you think Rowenwood?

#19     Mar 14, 2004
  10. If you write something worthy of my greatness I'll respond with all respect due to an adversary. I challenge you to write a single worthwhile sentence. Enlighten me if you can.

#20     Mar 14, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.