God, Guns & Rock 'n' Roll

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bungrider, Apr 17, 2004.

1. "Vice President Dick Cheney is scheduled to be the keynote speaker at Saturday's banquet and rocker Ted Nugent was scheduled for a session Sunday on "God, Guns & Rock 'n' Roll." "

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/Northeast/04/16/nra.convention.ap/index.html

god, guns, and rock 'n' roll! LMAO!! How is the US different than Iran? :D

Oh yeah - they don't allow rock 'n' roll in Iran!

2. http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/04/18/nra.convention.ap/index.html

Earlier in the day, Tom Mauser, whose son, Daniel, was killed with an assault weapon in the Columbine High School killings five years ago, tried to enter the convention hall where the NRA was meeting, seeking to urge Cheney to support extending the assault weapons ban.

Mauser was turned away by a security guard as several conventioneers applauded. A couple of conventioneers yelled "Get a life" and "Vote for Bush."

If I were Mauser, I'd go to those assholes' homes and put bullets into their families, and see who they vote for in 2004...it'd be worth it to make the world a better place. He shouldn't kill anybody; he should just make sure that these assholes' children enjoy days of surgery to remove bullets from their spines...then they can go on Oprah talking about the need for gun control.

May that fat pile of shit cheney rot in hell.

3. This really is "just plain sick" Bung.

I have to wonder if the "normal" Republicans are embarrassed by the kind of image these gun nuts contribute to their party.

"Before she met her husband, Linda Davis had never even fired a gun.

Eventually, though, Gary Davis told her she would have to join the National Rifle Association if they were to get married.

Five years later, Linda Davis has gotten bullets from her husband for Valentine's Day, and the couple even schedules one of their yearly vacations around the NRA convention."

This would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. This is the mentality that the Republican Party wants to be associated with? Obviously so, since Cheney was the keynote speaker at this NRA "festival".

I really try and keep an open mind about politics. Sometimes it's just impossible. I myself have no problem with legal gun ownership. I don't own a gun, but I have in the past. I personally see no reason to have one. But if people "need" to own a gun, then fine. Let them enjoy their "compensation". But to make this a big issue in their lives? This is something to focus one's energy on?

As for the assault rifle ban, there cannot be any sane humans who are against it. Which goes to show how rampant insanity is in our world. And in the current administration.

Kerry will be portrayed as a left wing radical because he doesn't see a need for civilians to be entitled to own military type weapons. This is a good thing for those opposed to Bush's re-election. I believe the majority of Americans are more clear minded and civilized than Cheney and company give them credit for being.

When the debates take place, America will get it's wake up call as to how extreme the Bush administration is when it comes to our social values. I sincerely believe more Americans want to live in a civilized (and educated) society than the kind of society Cheney and his boys are trying to placate. A constituency of redneck gun toting war loving "patriots".

The Bill of Rights, according to Cheney, Ashcroft etc. should be on hold due to the War on Terror EXCEPT for the 2nd amendment?

Bung, I really believe in "one man, one vote". But sometimes after reading and hearing about the way these right wing fanatics think and act, I am not so sure. Maybe it would be better to have votes weighted by IQ.

Peace,
    :)RS