God exists and he likes it when a human dies from a virus infection

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by FortuneTeller, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Well i can tell you from a financial CFA point of view, if you cant prove something or disporive it like god, or a trade that you can not calculate its risks, then you best think of the consequences, if you believe in god and you are right versus if you dont believe in god and you are wrong, its easier and safer to believe god exists for the sake of consequences.

#41     Apr 10, 2020
  2. stu

stu

It isn't easier or safer to believe god exists. Pascall's wager doesn't work.

If it is possible god exists, then it is also possible the devil exists and it overcame god and is pretending to be god. Because of that, it is also possible god created doubt by human reasoning so disbelief will prevail and that's god's plan to defeat the devil.

Actually for the sake of consequences, it is well that one superstitious fairy tale deserves another.

#42     Apr 10, 2020
    systematictrader likes this.

3. In either case, as Henry Ford said, whether you think you can or can not, either way you are right, and specially in something like this neither of us can prove or disprove

You misunderstand easier in the sense of believing while i was referring to the ease of doing the tasks of god/religious etc etc etc,,and the reward or punishment in exchange.

At its most basic task of the three main religious, pray 5 times a day, or go to church once a week, or synagogue and you enter heaven or have a chance of so. opposite you go to hell. This is relatively an easy task in exchange for a big reward, think of it like a call option with out having to pay premium, all the upside, very little of the downside, hahaha

#43     Apr 10, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. stu

stu

[​IMG]

#44     Apr 10, 2020
  5. This is in response to both of your posts above:

What you say here proves nothing about the existence of God. And which consequences do you speak of? Going to hell? I guess you are talking about the Christian idea of God and not of any other God then? Why would a creator/God banish anyone for disbelief in him? This is the sign of a very cruel God. It is not the sign of a loving God!

Some of the most powerful nations in the world are making major political decisions based on a belief in God. Wars are fought using religion, and the rights of some individuals and groups are oppressed in the name of God. The lives of billions of people around the world are affected by religious beliefs. Blindly accepting claims and making decisions as if they were true in the hope that our chosen deity exists and will reward our efforts seems like a very poor wager when there is no evidence to support that choice and especially if real people are suffering as a result.

Waiting for your response. :)

#45     Apr 10, 2020
    vanzandt and systematictrader like this.
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

There is religion and then there can also be a belief/ faith in a creator minus religion. By design, etc. just being able to see the miracles around us daily tilts it to creation by design. That’s just me. Peace.

#46     Apr 10, 2020
    vanzandt likes this.
  7. stu

stu

It takes faith to believe in a myth.

#47     Apr 11, 2020

8. This is a long debate so its best we dont engage, i was simply referring to the deeds required versus the reward or punishments, thats it, nothing more or less, you can still perform those deeds even if you didnt believe, remember belief is something internal, its like gut instinct in trading it doesn't just turn on or off instantly, but deeds and actions can be so, its like you pretending to like your job and boss but you hate them, you perform, but you dont have the feelings or belief :)

#48     Apr 11, 2020
  9. stu

stu

You are referring to the moral courage of holding honest disbelief in favor of pretending to have dishonest belief in hope of a handout. Is it religion which encourages you to think that way?
    If there were a god and it could do that, then it must have a seriously dubious ethical integrity which means it would be just as likely to dismiss those who hope for reward.

This sort of intellectually dishonest religious inconsistency was even recognized in the middle ages by this prayer....
    O God! If I worship You for fear of Hell, burn me in Hell
    and if I worship You in hope of Paradise, exclude me from Paradise

The idea of god worship for reward doesn't work no matter how you juggle it around.

#49     Apr 12, 2020
    systematictrader likes this.

10. Ohhhhhh, now you touched on a more delicate matter of religion and god, i would've explained it from
    The beginning but i refrained because you said u do NOT believe in god, but here it is

First of what iam referring to is logic and common sense in anything

In the above mentioned u assume belief is a switch while its not and god knows that hence yes even if you do that what you prescribe as dishonest and unethical is what u do NOT understand of the higher power of gods, you might not beleive right away but the physical aspect of getting up to the prayer and daily routine and consistency eventually bring you closer, very few carry this path because their belief is its wrong similar to you that its not right meanwhile yes in all religions if you perform the basics your promised something bug but why?? Because the basics repeated day in and day out bring you to the more advanced

In simple format its like trading or the gym,, most do NOT believe we traders make money sometimes even us in the early days but if your there daily watching the market and doing the basics over the long time the belief is becomes a reality and a conviction followed by the money

same with gym you might believe its not doable to gain muscles a decent size lets say in 3 months which is relatively a short time yet when you show up
    To the gym even the first few weeks even without the belief that soon starts to change and then you begin to believe thus the physical activates the mental so does the mental activates the physical

#50     Apr 12, 2020