God exists and he likes it when a human dies from a virus infection

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by FortuneTeller, Mar 28, 2020.

1. stu

stu

That would be contrary to the evolutionary process. Humans evolved in a way that included the ability to intervene. To alter immune systems to make them resistant and stronger.

#11     Mar 29, 2020
  2. Only in the last 100 years or so have we been able to intervene with any measure of success. Humans along with every othet species have built their immune system through being exposed to one disease after another with the weak dying and the strong surviving to then pass along that strengthening immune system to future generations. Since intervention as a species we are now slower, fatter, weaker in every aspect of general health. Combine this with our tendency to make decisions which are more driven by emotion than logic and we are headed for extinction.

#12     Mar 29, 2020
  3. stu

stu

No, that is not true in regard to medical intervention for defeating disease.

Unhealthy sedentary lifestyles, heavily influenced by giant corporations intervening as it were by knowingly pushing things like grossly unhealthy foods and tobacco to over indulge, to make a quick buck the world over for the last 80 years is a different discussion.

Without the evolved ability which facilitates direct medical intervention, it could be expected there would be a world full of unhindered, rampant, mutating disease, constantly attacking a diminishing population. That must mean an overwhelming proportion would otherwise continuously be sick, blind, crippled and dying and the human species' only possible means to adapt and survive against a similarly ever adapting evolving growing stream of deadly pathogens, would be to ever suffer those circumstances. The notion that some kind of super human species would prevail from that scenario - faster, fitter, stronger - evolving a resistance to all that, did not happen in the millions of years before the 100 years you mentioned, after which societies began developing more certain and sophisticated controlled and specific medicines and interventions toward limiting, curbing and preventing infection and disease.

My point is only that for humans to naturally let epidemics or pandemics take their own course is clearly not the route evolution took, otherwise there would be no ability to directly intervene in the survival of the species, as is the case with all other animals.
    Who's to say under those circumstances there would be many humans if any. After all, every other human species died out.

#13     Mar 30, 2020
    FortuneTeller likes this.
  4. %%
    Your headline shows how little time you ever invested in the Bible. Try it -------you may learn something,@ least you can read...…………………………………………………………………………Thanks

#14     Mar 30, 2020
    Wallet likes this.
  5. Letting the virus do it's thing? What if it was the BIG ONE? You know, the one that is going to wipe out humanity? With a new virus, no one knows what it will do. Should we bet that is just "another virus" that we can handle? A weaker immune system? How so? More vulnerable to the next one? How so?

#15     Mar 30, 2020
  6. I realize that English is not your first language Murray. I said I don't live in delusion and read such types of books meant to install fear of hell in people in order to control them. I hope you can read and understand what I just wrote. By the way, if you can find evidence of such a Christian God then let me know. I have yet to find it. Good day. Oh, and you have just inspired a new thread I am going to start! ;-)

#16     Mar 30, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.
  7. Oh wow, since intervention as a species we are now slower, fatter, weaker in every aspect of general health? What? And our tendency to make decisions are more driven by emotion than logic? What? So I have to assume in your statements that you are talking about the reaction to the coronavirus? In my not so humble opinion, tending to the more safe side is better than not. That is why I drive on the right side of the road. (USA). :)

#17     Mar 30, 2020
  8. It's not the big one. Response should be situational. If some bug is somehow killing off the young in large numbers then you pull out all the stops as your entire species is at risk of extinction. If it's just another variation of the same bugs killing the old and sickly you do what you can, within reason, to treat and save who you can, but since the overall threat is minimal the focus remains on what is best for society at large

#18     Mar 30, 2020
  9. %%
    LOL
    Faith is the title deed -Hebrews11;1 Amplified Bible.
    IF you never saw a title deed F Teller, its because you never went to that part of the county courthouse or a realty closing attorney.....................................................................:caution::caution:

#19     Mar 31, 2020
  10. And what if this bug mutates quickly? How does anyone know if/when it will? Maybe it will wipe out the 20-40 year-old age bracket like the Spanish Flu did?

#20     Mar 31, 2020
    murray t turtle likes this.