GOD DOES NOT BLESS AMERICA (or any other country)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Weeble, Aug 14, 2003.

#31     Dec 7, 2003
  2. as an american, i think this thread title is a fantastic statement.

yesterday on fox news, i saw sean hannity all upset because he perceives that john kerry does not think god helps america...or something like that.

WHAT IS INCREDIBLE is that it is so upsetting to so many people if you say god doesn't bless america--BUT IT'S ABSOLUTELY TRUE!! :eek:

btw, i'm not voting for kerry. i just love how hannity has to cry over this. wah wah

#32     Mar 2, 2004
  3. Hey Gordon,

What a fantastic idea to wake up this sleeper again. In fact it's about time that some Americans start to ask themselves some serious questions instead of whining with all those sickly know nothings.

(1) America versus France:
    The French are continuously bombarded with the propaganda of their "free" (covertly state controlled) TV guys about the invention of the rights of people and so on in their great country. (In fact I believe that France, at least in the past, had some great people).
    France and the USA had their revolutions at about the same time (1789 vs. 1776). America had a big accident: their civil war. They came out of it under the same constitution. Since its revolution and in spite of their "Fraternité, Liberté and so on", their guillotines and their Napoleon's, the French are now saddled with their "Fifth Republic". They had to plaster over things a couple of times.

(2) America versus Germany:
    Can be short on this one. Germany was certainly a laggard on its way to democracy compared to America and France. If I recall correctly, Hitler was proud about his Dritte Reich (Third Empire). So by now they went through four experiments in a record time! (The rest of the story you fill in the blanks).

(3) America versus Russia:
    This became a little less popular these days but people have been speculating about the cost in lives of the Russian experiments to greatness. 40millions? 80milions? xxxMillions? Good old Sholzenetzyn had some things to say about this. I just read that they still keep on finding heaps of bones in the ice way up North. (Earth warming and so).

(4) America versus China:
    Apparently, the Chinese are still looking for their Sholzenetzyn. So I can't say much about this. In the meantime you can already read a little bit about what happened to the peace loving people of Tibet.

(5), (6), (7), &tc.
    Gordon, you take over here.

Now as a footnote, don't forget that you in America accepted for some many years now loads of miserable people who voted with their feet to escape (1), (2), (3), ... .

Will God keep on blessing America? Gordon Gekko, I sinserely wish and hope so. It's basically up to guys like you.

Be good,

nononsense

P.S. Gordon, don't vote for the wrong guy. You don't have to tell us though who he is. Simply keep on praying for America. The devil's lurking around the corner. In (1), (2), (3), ... they didn't spot him in time.

#33     Mar 2, 2004
  4. i hope your kidding nono :-/

#34     Mar 2, 2004
  5. I'm dead serious LongShot, but I'll keep on praying!:cool:

#35     Mar 2, 2004
  6. There was a caller into Hannity's radio show yesterday who made the following comment: (paraphrased)

"I don't think president Bush was right in his comments, nor John Kerry. God is not on OUR side, I think WE need to be on God's side!"

Hannity completely ignored what the guy said and went off on a tangent.

The caller made a great point.

The assumption that Bush made, is that God would be on OUR side no matter what we did.....that God is at our beck and call to do whatever we wish, as if God is our servant rather than the position where we serve God.

I believe the main point the caller was making is that we need to do everything possible to make sure our actions are godly and righteous ourselves before we invoke the name of God. We need to be humble, not proud of our power nor act as if we can do no wrong.

Bush smacks of manifest destiny thinking. The type of mentality a believer in "the Divine Right of Kings" posesses.

It is a shame Kerry did not sieze on the opportunity to say something as powerful as the caller.

#36     Mar 2, 2004
  7. Hey All,

Something to ponder about reading the above: "God is not on OUR side, I think WE need to be on God's side".

You know what the inscription read on each German soldier's belt-buckle in WWII? (perhaps also WWI?): "GOTT MIT UNS" (=God with us). This to show that displaying this on your belly may not always help. Probably God requires you to have this in your head instead of on your belly.

#37     Mar 2, 2004
  8. Every "boxer" thinks he's on god's ["correct"]side. The assertion is meaningless.

#38     Mar 2, 2004
  9. Aside from the Bush-bashing, you make a good point. I think most people of faith would agree with it. Here is the dilemma however. Everytime we try to align ourselves with God, the ACLU files a lawsuit and some liberal judge announces that the First Amendment "really" requires that all traces of religion be scrubbed from public view.

#39     Mar 2, 2004
  10. Don't worry AAA,

One day He will adjust their watch. He simply can't stand these kind of judges. You probably read about this.

:D

#40     Mar 2, 2004