god destroys jesus statue but leaves adult bookstore untouched.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Jun 16, 2010.

1. this one is too funny. bible thumpers cant figure this one out but i am sure they will find a way to rationalize it:

MONROE — Charred remnants remained this morning, June 15, of the large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 that was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm late Monday night.

this was funny enough but the next part puts the icing on the cake:

“I can’t believe Jesus was struck,” said his brother, who noted the giant Hustler Hollywood sign for the adult store across the street was untouched. “It’s the last thing I expected to happen.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...-at-700-000-762245.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

2. Sacramento, CA (AP) - California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has had enough. "Wildfires, earthquakes, drought, floods, swine flu, Michael Jackson and now Jesus- no more!

Mother Nature must be terminated."

Schwarzenegger's remarks come as charred remnants remained this morning, June 15, of the large Jesus statue iconic to Interstate 75 that was destroyed following an apparent lightning strike during a thunderstorm late Monday night.

Schwarzenegger has called a news conference for 10 a.m. today at the church.

"These fires are girly," said Schwarzenegger. He added, "I will scoop the flames up myself and drop them in the Gulf. "

The governor ultimately decided against his plan - although he did successfully put out a small fire by squeezing it between his bicep.

Instead Schwarzenegger is going straight to the source. "Mother nature will pay. I will grab her puny ankles and shake her until money falls out." At that moment Schwarzenegger turned to a camera and said, "now that's change we can believe in."

3. Nothing in the bible about adult bookstores.

However, this statue is breaking all four commands, it is an idol, it is in the air, half buried and also partly submerged in water.

[​IMG]

4. :D

God's accuracy is not what it once was!

Why did god choose to strike down this statue?

Well of course he had a reasonable, intelligent, well thought out reason. The problem is, we are only humans and cannot possibly understand why god does what god does! :D