God and Science

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 5, 2009.

1. loza

loza Guest

Yes, it actually should say IT.....

#11     Dec 7, 2009
  2. i fail to see how a poem could have relevance to the question of Creation? :confused:

#12     Dec 7, 2009
  3. loza

loza Guest

There is or was never such thing (creation). There is evolution of planets, people and all things. There was an emanation alas big bang or several big bangs. The Universe is evolving and from such thing one day it will become nothing..and sometime it will start all over again. Abrahamic traditions were always blind to this but some Mastrers like Rumi was of course different and knew better. The trick to evolution that is also spiritual as well as physical.....or do you rather believe that Jesus walked with the Dinosaurs?

#13     Dec 7, 2009
  4. Sounds like you really know the truth, right?

#14     Dec 7, 2009
  5. jem

jem

Last I read parallel universes are complete conjecture with no proof.

If anyone has proof of other universes - please let me know.

Nevertheless the do make for some of the best Sci Fi shows.

#15     Dec 7, 2009
  6. can you see f=ma? can you feel it. is its proven truth tactile? is it self-evident?

another dimension described only by a mathematical equation would that be sufficient proof for you?

it's a valid question for you is it not?

#16     Dec 7, 2009
  7. dsq

dsq

science is an inconvenient truth for conservatives and luddites.Why do conservatives listen to their doctors?The doctor is just giving advice and diagnosis based on 'secular' science.
    The stupidity among gop crew is unreal and great.

#17     Dec 7, 2009
  8. why hasn't jem answered my question? :confused:

#18     Dec 8, 2009
  9. Why did the atheist cross the road?
    He thought there might be a sidewalk on the other side, but he wouldn’t believe it until he tested his hypothesis.

How many atheists does it take to change a light bulb?
    Two. One to actually change the bulb, and the other to videotape the job so fundamentalists won’t claim that God did it.

An atheist buys an ancient lamp at an auction, takes it home, and begins to polish it. Suddenly, a genie appears, and says, “I’ll grant you three wishes, Master.” The atheist says, “I wish I could believe in you.” The genie snaps his fingers, and suddenly the atheist believes in him. The atheist says, “Wow. I wish all atheists would believe this.” The genie snaps his fingers again, and suddenly atheists all over the world begin to believe in genies. “What about your third wish?” asks the genie. “Well,” says the atheist, “I wish for a billion dollars.” The genie snaps his fingers for a third time, but nothing happens. “What’s wrong?” asks the atheist. The genie shrugs and says, “Just because you believe in me, doesn’t necessarily mean that I really exist.”

#19     Dec 8, 2009
  10. The bible tells all the clues you need, but scientists want to ignore those clues. They would rather just say that there are no clues.

"But your iniquities have separated you from your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will not hear." Isaiah 59:2

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you” Jeremiah 29:13,14

#20     Dec 8, 2009