God and Science

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 5, 2009.

1. I'm NOT demanding proof of God. There is no God and there can be no proof that there is. What is it about reality that you cannot grasp ?

Nothing/nobody is tracking your actions, nothing/nobody gives a shit what you do or don't do, what you say or what you think. Man up, (as I'm sure you do), without any expectation of reward or punishment.

In the season of the holidays, and always, be GOOD for GOODNESS sake and no other reason.

#171     Dec 19, 2009
  2. There is no God and there can be no proof that there is.

Irrational, illogical, atheistic dogmatism...

#172     Dec 19, 2009
  3. I call them as I see'em.
    I'm not assaulting your intentions .
    I'm either challenging your veracity or intelligence.

I'm sorry anybody with 1/2 a brain can see where your quotes 1-3 are in direct conflict with #4.

Plenty of posters here , myself included value individual freedom more highly than you . So feel free to STFU yourself.

#173     Dec 19, 2009
  4. "Individual freedom" does not mean abdication of responsibility to the 'general welfare'. For example, I would not defend the freedom of a corporation (or individual) to dispose of waste into a river that flows through their property.

You are calling into question my assertion that making EVERYBODY participate in a universal health care system is a violation of individual freedom. You are correct.

Currently you and me are required to participate in the common goal of many things. You might favor our military imperialism; I don't. You might support the war on drugs; I don't. I support public education; maybe you don't. I support reproductive rights; maybe you don't. On & on, etc., etc.

The point is, requiring you to participate in universal health security for all is no different than requiring you or me or anybody else to 'participate' in many things that we/they don't support. That's what a NATION is. In the end, I promise you that I am as imposed upon to 'pay' for as many things as I oppose as you are. You can leave the country when it gets too unbearable as I can do when that threshold is met for me.

In terms of health care, I think that you are very mistaken in your beliefs. You are healthy now and your family is healthy: I hope it stays that way for you. Please excuse me for thinking about what might happen to you or yours or others when I push for universal health care.

#174     Dec 19, 2009
  5. +1 :cool:

#175     Dec 20, 2009
  6. Oh Puhleeze, your obtuseness and opinion does not limit reality.

#176     Dec 20, 2009
  7. your preference for the supernatural does not expand it, sir :D

#177     Dec 20, 2009