God and Science

Discussion in 'Politics' started by peilthetraveler, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Science has a theory about multi universes, parallel dimensions and such things as that where the laws of physics are not the same or even completely opposite of our own. In some of these parallel dimensions there is no time or maybe even infinite time happening at once. Scientists believe that our universe is like a thin sheet of paper and another universe could be sitting right next to us. But how is it that a scientist can find it reasonable to believe in these things but they can not believe its possible that there is a God who created us? The more science they discover, the more they only go to show that the possiblity of God might be true. The law of conservation says that energy is neither created nor destroyed. So when we die where does this energy of the mind go? The mind is constantly working (using energy) so its reasonable to assume that the mind(or if you like "the soul") must go somewhere. Somewhere we cant see. Could it be possible that the universe is like a sheet of paper and we have 1 sheet on top of us and 1 sheet on the bottom? Could these sheets be called heaven & hell? Will science ever advance to the point where they can prove mathmatically that these parallel dimensions are a 100% certainty? If so, they will have to acknowledge the possiblity of 2 parallel dimensions called heaven and hell that one can only be transported to when not confined within the body which can only exist in this dimension.

ok atheists...let the flames begin and be sure to ignore the scientific theory(after all...it is only as credible as the theory of evolution, right?) Hmmm tough one now...can you believe in one and ignore the other?

2. cashcow

cashcow

Flames are appropriate, due to the sheer number of mistakes in what you say.
    Firstly, science does not have a 'theory' about multiverses nor paralled dimensions. Science has various hypothesis or conjectures relating to these, and some compelling albeit circumstantial evidence from partical physics and quantum mechanics. Work at the LHC in Switzerland may well prove the existence of additional dimensions and eventually allow a theory to be developed. Until that point of proof, these things will remain conjecture.
    How is it that scientists are willing to believe these things...well, consider particle wave duality and the double-slit experiment. A particle weaving between nearby parellel universes explains perfectly the behaviour. This at least gives some credence to the idea. Unfortunately 'God' just keeps on hiding and not even giving us any clues as to where he is - so lacking any imperical evidence probably puts scientists off the idea a little bit.
    Actually science has led to a God-of-the-gaps...science has disproved a lot of theological believes and relegated God to a lesser and lesser possible role in the universe. Realistically the only plausable God is one which set the universe in motion with a set of predetermined rules. That is not to say that is what happened, just the only plasable theological viewpoint.
    As for the energy and mind idea, I could equally say what happens to your computer when it gets turned off. It simply functions no more, the only difference with a computer is it can be turned back on. When you die, it is the same as before you were born - you as a person do not exist any more. The law of conservation relates to a physical system and not to the brain. Anyone with any basic grasp of physics should know this.
    Your understanding of dimensions is incomplete and complete nonsense. Any additional dimensions in the universe would be either very large or very small. Supersymmetry hints that there could be 10 or more dimensions in total. Again, we dont know yet, but are very close to finding out. Whatever these dimensions are, they will certainly not be heaven or hell.
    As for the theory of evolution, one of the most well established facts within science; I fail to see what it has to do with the rest of the mumbo jumbo pseudo science nonsense that you spouted.
    I would be more than happy to recommend some books that may help you to understand some of the subjects you clearly know nothing about. Unfortunately, due to to the sheer level of nonsense expunged in your post, I somewhat doubt you have the intellegence to understand any complex or abstract concepts.

3. dsq

dsq

Quote from wilburbear:

"Science itself called into question over the Global Warming Hoax

Science also produces no answers on the most important issue of all - God."

There is no shortage of idiots on et or amongst conservatives given the quote above or this thread.Do conservatives ever reflect or do they just react and spew simpleton nonsense if it makes them feel good?Stupid,stupid breed of people.

4. loza

loza Guest

"I died as a mineral and became a plant,
    I died as plant and rose to animal,
    I died as animal and I was Man.
    Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?"
    Rumi

5. stu

stu

"When was I less" he asks....
    In 3 out of 4, Rumi was less a consciousness.

Still, I suppose lucky for him, Rumi apparently has not gone as far as to ponder that he did "die a Man and became a poo."

Religion is the law of accumulating error , by which compounded misunderstanding is mistaken for increased knowledge.
    stu

6. loza

loza Guest

Oh, but it goes on...
    "....Yet once more I shall die as Man, to soar
    With angels bless'd; but even from angelhood
    I must pass on: all except God doth perish.
    When I have sacrificed my angel-soul,
    I shall become what no mind e'er conceived.
    Oh, let me not exist! for Non-existence
    Proclaims in organ tones,
    To Him we shall return."

7. stu

stu

yep, sure does, goes on and on.
    One irrational statement upon the next.

8. Makes you wonder why ET's management is allowing the site to get so preposterously dumbed down to the lowest possible denominator. As a private enterprise, you would think that ET would set some standards to attract and retain quality content. If ET is succeeding, it appears to be doing so in spite of itself. Unless, of course, its sponsors depend on the mouth-breathing contingent, in which case management is crazy like a fox.

9. kut2k2

kut2k2

:cool:

10. kut2k2

kut2k2

No monotheist ever explains how there can be a Him without a Her. :p

#10     Dec 6, 2009