Go Gecko Software-anyone know about it?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by wwwphew, Jun 10, 2006.

1. wwwphew

wwwphew

We are getting a hard sell from the Go Gecko folks to buy their software. I see it is not even on your list. Has anyone had any experience with it or know of reviews?

Thanks.

2. I know what you mean. I have been getting calls about the go gecko system. It is very expensive, $7800. I talked to a guy named Jeff who was also trading the system himself. The support was a great part of the system. Haven't made a decision yet. What do you think of the video tour at the website?

3. wwwphew

wwwphew

So glad to get a response to my inquiry. The man who was trying to sell us was named John Bradley. He took us on a live tour of the software. However, they won't budge on giving a money-back guarantee, which all the other programs do. It makes me VERY nervous especially since there is no outside source reviewing the software. Do you know of anyone who is using it successfully? At this point, we're about ready to walk away. The trouble is there is no one else out there offering quite what Go Gecko does.

4. I don't know of anyone who trades with the go gecko program. The person I talked to on the phone was Jeff wilson. He did tell me that he has been trading with the system for 3 years, which is how long the system has been on the market, and he had tripled his investment. He did say that he had an advantage because he constantly was talking to traders that were doing a lot better than him and asked what was working for them. I did get them to say they would take $3900 now and if I didn't make $30,000 in the first year they would wave the balance of $3900. The thing I like the most about this is the system is how it is automated and there is trading help during the hours that the market is open. Almost a mentoring program. I haven't seen any other articles about them and they are in Canada. Do you know any other ways to find out info on them? Thanks, TG

5. wwwphew

wwwphew

Certainly the automatic nature of the program is appealing. We got them to say that we could buy it for $2000, and if we didn't like it, we would not have to pay any more. That still is not acceptable to me. If they really have faith in the program, they should be willing to do a money back guarantee. We found a website with much negative feedback. I believe it is called grumble.com. With a name like that you can imagine most of what people say is negative. This site was people from Australia primarily complaining about the sales techniques. One woman won a law suit against them for pressure sales techniques and not being willing to give her money back. When we confronted John Bradley with this info, he said he wasn't sure it was the same company. No one commented about whether or not the software worked.

Thanks for your reply!

6. Chuck Jaffe
    CHUCK JAFFE
    Who's making the money here?
    E-mail | Print | RSS Feed | Disable live quotes
    By Chuck Jaffe, MarketWatch
    Last Update: 12:23 AM ET Jun 3, 2005

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- If someone told you they had come up with a way to pick winning stocks, your first question most likely would be "How do you do it?"
    Your second might well be "How can I do it?"
    The difference between those questions might seem small, but it is enormous when you are considering laying out thousands of dollars hoping to buy your way to success in the market.
    There are countless hawkers of investment software and programs that promise they can turn the stock market into your personal cash machine. But if they won't tell you how they actually achieve that, you've got a problem so big that purchasing the program could qualify as a Stupid Investment of the Week.
    In fact, that's precisely why the Go Gecko investment software package from MX-Technologies Inc. wins this week's trophy for problematic issues.
    Stupid Investment of the Week highlights the traits and flaws that make an investment less than ideal for the average consumer, in the hope that spotlighting trouble in one security will make it easier to root out elsewhere.
    While obviously not a purchase recommendation, neither is SIOTW intended as an automatic sell signal, though many of the investments a consumer could make in financial software come with money-back guarantees that make for an easy escape.
    What's more -- and this is crucial with software programs -- what makes an issue worthy of Stupid Investment of the Week has more to do with how the product is sold; it is entirely possible for a program to deliver good results, but still not be right for the average investor.
    Go Gecko investment software "is so simple almost anyone can use it," according to its demo (and you can see the demo here: http://www.mx-t.com/geckodemo/index.htm). It promises to be the "most-user friendly available anywhere in the world today."
    Essentially, the program is supposed to analyze the market and pick stocks for you. Functionally, however, you will have to decide which of several analysis methods to use.
    While the demonstration program tells you that if you are using the "relative-strength index" to root out potentially profitable stocks, you should not worry if you have no idea what the term means, because it is all explained in the tutorials and the support methods. In fact, the same is said for virtually any term related to analytical methods.
    But average investors looking at a program like this frequently want to find shortcuts, and Go Gecko promises so many of them that most people will forego a lot of the education to get cracking on making a fortune trading stocks.
    Scott Copleston, the information officer at MX-Technologies who responded when I followed up on a letter the company sent me about the software, noted that Go Gecko is "not a charting program. It has technical analysis with over 230 signals and indicators, plus fundamental analysis and it looks at stocks in virtually every way possible. It does it all for you."
    A consumer who believes that is not going to spend much time trying to learn about the RSI or about the meanings behind those technical indicators, especially when the software is designed to analyze the market, throw out its picks and let the buyer do the easy part, namely cashing in.
    In its product brochure, a graphic titled "1 year of facts ... $73,566.86 profit" shows "how profitable it could be if an investor took a small amount of money each day and re-invest (sic) the profits. ... If you started with $2,000 and made just a half of one percent a day, at the end of a year your profit would be over $25,000. At one percent each day, the profit would be an amazing $73,566.86 ..."
    But the graphic is "for demonstration purposes only, as is every illustration of the software.
    Individual results, as they like to say in these things, vary.
    A savvy consumer would look at that kind of chart, hear about the great profit potential and ask the "How do you do it?" question.
    In the case of Go Gecko, every question about why this program supposedly works is greeted with an answer that amounts to "Because it works."
    When you get no details on why an investment system works, it is best to assume that the "science" behind it is hogwash. The software may be successful for one person and lousy for the next, but there's little telling if that's by chance as design.
    The folks at MX-Technologies want you to believe it's by design. They offered me -- and presumably a lot of other folks -- a half-price deal with a catch: They'd waive half of the $7,800 regular price until I earned $30,000 in trading profits. If I didn't reach that level within 12 months, I could skip the second payment of $3,900.
    That's a no-lose proposition for MX. They get paid upfront, and get a bonus if the customer actually makes Go Gecko work.
    The company also offers to cover $1,000 in trading losses over the first 90 days a buyer has the software (provided you follow Go Gecko's recommendations), which is nice, but it still leaves an unhappy buyer out the purchase price.
    With so little information to go on from the sales people, the literature and the Web site, it is obviously that MX is hoping you will take Go Gecko's claims on faith.
    Comments from clients who made "$3,600 in one week" or "20 percent in one month" may actually be "on file at the company's head office" (the brochure says you can ask for verification), but it takes a big leap to pony up a few grand to try to imitate the experience described in a sound bite.
    Without the answer to the how-do-you-do-it question and a detailed record of average profits delivered by past users, a buyer can feel certain about only one thing: The one who is certain to make money using this kind of software is the guy selling it. End of Story
    Chuck Jaffe is a senior MarketWatch columnist. His work appears in dozens of U.S. newspapers.

7. mogway

mogway

It has been several months since I have visited this site. Wish I would have gotten here sooner.
    I cannot tell you if the software works, but I can tell you that MX Technologies will tell you anything to get your credit card no.
    Whatever you do, do not give them your credit card number thinking that you are protected.
    John Bradley told me I had 14 days to return the software. Although he neglected to tell me the package had to be un-opened.
    When I received their package and read the license agreement (which of course supercedes all previous agreements) I did more research and decided not to open the package. Then I tried to return the package which they refused. I immediately filed a complaint with my credit card company. They initially removed the charges and then MX filed a counterclaim. The CC Co. then put the charges back on my account. This went back a forth for several months. I had a well documented case and wasted A LOT of TIME fighting to keep my money.
    It seems I finally have the charges removed for good (I hope).

8. so i have a question...

is this a boiler room operation? is our thread author a spammer along with trade goog?

9. Yes Michael:

It is the weekend, and this is another clumsy example of bullshit from some poor spammer who hopes to get a buzz going about their crappy product.

Looking at the handles you can see that they are all the same person. EVER WONDER HOW ET WENT FROM 40,000 TO 54,000 MEMBERS SO FAST? LOOK AT ALL THE ALIASES.......

It Sucks,

Steve

10. Interesting point... i was also wondering how it popped so fast from 40k to 54k...

considering the drag on resources shouldn't Barron consider only allowing one or at most two aliases per user by targeting IP...

although many 'slicksters' could use different IP sources to generate those two aliases so its the same non-ending game...

it is so tiresome...

<b>Okay, so to stand with Steve i will state that it is INSANE TO PAY $3900 for trading software let alone $8000 with less than a 90 day money back guarantee...</b>

do NOT pay for this software... DO NOT...

<b>For $8000 someone should work with you for 6 hours a day 5 days a week for at least 3 months to help make you sucessfull... </b>

They should either move in with you in your house or train you over the net... at that many hours a day... otherwise you do not have a prair as a newbie... you may still not succeed but you will have true knowledge working directly with somebody rather buying some canned BS software...

OR Go with a programming package like tradestation or something where you learn to program it yourself without learning a heavy language and creating the main infrastructure of the program yourself from scratch - that way you are only creating the trading studies...

even with that as a newbie you will lose money that is part of your inital dues... but you will learn as you lose and you will lose A LOT less... and then maybe you will have a chance...

Do not ever deal with anyone who will not give you a at least a 30 day money back guarantee...

can you not get a divorce, sue someone in court, leave a job, stop out of a trade...

but you cannot get more than 14 day's money back for this and that's if you do not open it... and they contest your CCard...

forget it...

garbage...

everything about it screams scam lie...

cj...

:mad:

If You Have The Vision We Have The Code

#10     Jul 9, 2006