go for esignal or TS7 ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by flyingdutch, Feb 24, 2004.

1. What I understand from the TS site is that you can get a 1 month free trial.

I'm aware that TS doesn't supply a feed for Paris. But I'll stop DT on Paris, cause volatility is close to zero. Just keep some stock there for swing trading for which I don't need a real time feed.

Thanks

TFD

#21     Feb 25, 2004
  2. yo flyingdutch, can you provide me the link to this free trial offer? I'll be more than delighted to take use of it.

I couldn't find any, and even emailed them, and they wrote that they don't offer any sort of trial, and instead i should watch the "interactive demo". ha.

#22     Feb 25, 2004
  3. 3 * 19" 's are better and easier to handle from the point of neck-swivel

#23     Feb 25, 2004
  4. was the high CPU resources of esignal compared to TS. I have found TS to much more efficient on my dual CPU WS. I ran both side by side and quotes were about the same timing wise, but esignal was much less efficient with higher CPU cycles.

The 30 day money back is offered, but you need to open an account, at least that is what I did. Only $5k to open a futures account by wire.

Bob

#24     Feb 25, 2004
  5. What are you'll talking about? In TS you would have both ES and NQ on the same page, or on different pages, loaded at the same time. You could flip back and forth in a split second.

I have issues with TS but versatility is not one of them.

#25     Feb 25, 2004

6. That's not what I was asking though. Forget ES and NQ for a second, and assume I want to flip through 200 stocks. In eSignal I literally download them in the morning, and then I can revert to any stock any time throughout the day and the chart immediately (zero wait) appears, because the data (including the real time data) is kept locally. In TS, at least by what people told me, it keeps saying something like "waiting for data.." and it takes a few seconds until the data arrives (even for symbols I already downloaded in the morning). A solution like 200 workspaces or 80 monitors is not really applicable.

Whether this issue is a reason to prefer eSignal over TS depends on my specific needs. However that's what I was talking about.

#26     Feb 25, 2004
  7. If you have a fast connection theres no noticable delay. TS keeps data cached locally , so recalls are very fast. There's a small delay for intraday data, but trivial.

You'll have to get a demo of the system to see if it's a problem, but I doubt it. I'm calling up stocks all day and it's no problem for me.

#27     Feb 25, 2004
  8. It's this intraday data delay I was referring to. Anyway, you are right, I should indeed test it. A bit annoying to open an account just to test drive the software but I might do so. I don't think I'll leave eSignal, they have some features I like and I don't do any strategy trading. But I should definitely test TS. Who knows I might change my mind.

#28     Feb 25, 2004
  9. maxpi

maxpi

Look at the Traders Tips in TASC to compare the amount of lines of code to do the same job. Esignal is the worst!! TS7 however is not the best but it is not that bad, definitely not hard to learn and definitely well documented.

Max

#29     Feb 26, 2004
  10. maxpi

maxpi

One month free trial on RadarScreen. If you start your service for TS7 late in the month you can try it for a few days and cancel before the end of the month and pay only for the time used (or so I was told by the sales worker).

Max

#30     Feb 26, 2004