go for esignal or TS7 ?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by flyingdutch, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Esignal java scripting is also much harder to learn than
    easy language in Tradestation

#11     Feb 24, 2004

2. E-Signal and TS? No comparison.

You'll pry my Tradestation from my cold, dead fingers - it rocks and has the best charts/workspace layouts out there IMO.

E-signal charts look like a little kid drew them - I was dissapointed although the data feed was fine.

Regards,

Paul

#12     Feb 24, 2004
  3. funky

funky

affirmative. :cool:

#13     Feb 24, 2004
  4. Thanks all for your replies. Although sometimes confusing. You all seem to agree that those 2 platforms are the best. But the opinions very wildly. Some note TS at 100 to 1 against esignal and vice versa. How come that opinions can differ that much? However , the majority seems to appreciate TS7, and I think I'll go for that one.

Thx

TFD

#14     Feb 25, 2004

5. Question:

Assume a hypothetical situation where I use only 1 layout (no multiple workspaces), with only one chart.
    Now in this chart I want to view NQ, then flip to the ES, and then back to NQ, and then back to ES, endlessly, throughout the day. Every few seconds I flip between ES and NQ.

In eSignal, this flip back and forth is instantaneous (that is, 0 seconds wait), because the data is stored locally.

In TS, at least by what I've heard from a few people, it takes a few seconds each time because it downloads from the server over and over again.

Is this correct?

#15     Feb 25, 2004
  6. rofl....

not even close.....

Tradestation wins hands down.... by

KO in the 1st round..... no contest

better and cheaper!

esignal....rofl... is a joke

#16     Feb 25, 2004
  7. thanks 50cents. But if I were continously flipping screens the whole day, it would mean that I just don't have enough workspace. So I would buy X monitors more to solve that problem.

Thanks

TFD

#17     Feb 25, 2004

8. yo, i don't care who wins dude.

i was considering TS, yet a few people told me that 'chart flipping' is slow.

I guess they were all lying??????

I asked my question for informational purposes for myself. if I can get a reliable answer, I might switch to TS.

PS if those guys would offer a trial for their software, even a 1 day trial, I wouldn't have to try to dig answers from people. However they don't.

#18     Feb 25, 2004
  9. mmillar

mmillar

Not sure that anyone has pointed out that with TS7 you can only have American exchanges so you wont be able to trade your French stocks.

#19     Feb 25, 2004
  10. PS flyingdutch, if you trade non-US markets, be aware that TS does not offer international data.

I don't mind which software you choose because I am not affiliated with any of them. However be aware of your specific needs because those needs are a crucial factor for your decision....

#20     Feb 25, 2004