Go DOWN Already. What the is going on here?! Nothing discounted?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Tradex

Tradex

Loved your end-of-day breakouts article by the way (Stocks and Commodities Magazine, Aug. 2020, page 15) :thumbsup:

#81     Aug 22, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Thanks! Yeah it's been more volatile eod this year. Either momentum runners or eod short squeezes have been tradable 3:30-4pm

#82     Aug 22, 2020
  3. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

In terms of monthly option expiry, there almost always are big traders working against trend all day ( I traded options a fair bit in the past ). On the TSX, it's a thinner market, easier for them to pin a stock. On some such months, after 3:30 pm a lot of the options are settled and some stocks reverse to trend strongly. The one thing I'm not sure about is with the advent of weekly options, has this monthly expiry impact lessened a lot or not. In general, on the TSX, some larger moves do occur last 10 minutes of trading. Note the TSX doesn't have after hours trading.

During this bull run, Monday's have been strong up openings more times then not. With the SPX at 3397, Oil threatening $43 on Thursday, Copper briefly above $3, and Silver threatening to make a run at $30 level, a lot can be decided early this week. My best guess is we take out 3400, stay mildly bullish through shortly before the election, mostly on the back of strong commodity moves ( and the idea that the Covid recovery is already a thing in Asia ). The election could be an excuse to correct. However, I need to see Monday. If we open down 1.5%-2% on the SPX all bets are off and then I'm curious how Gold will react. It's a highly dynamic time even half a day can change a lot.

#83     Aug 22, 2020
    KCalhoun and vanzandt like this.
  4. The best thing I have heard recently: "Embrace the stupidity." Once I let go of common sense, I started making money again.

#84     Aug 22, 2020
    KCalhoun, Cuddles and GrowleyMonster like this.
  5. PLEASE don't go down anymore... please please The market is not allowed to go lower. That's the American way. Pigs don't get slaughtered in the new paradigm.

#85     Sep 3, 2020
    albertogarica likes this.
  6. Tradex

Tradex

Could you give us an example please?
    Just curious.
    Thanks.

#86     Sep 5, 2020
  7. Tesla. The parabolic nature of the markets. The 'buy the dip attitude." Stocks only go up. That's facts.

Also, indices are made to only go up over time. If they weren't, they would be equal wieghted.

#87     Sep 6, 2020
  8. SunTrader

SunTrader

Sometimes but not always, even in this fed fueled world. So no not a fact by any means.

#88     Sep 7, 2020
  9. S2007S

S2007S

The printing press continues to work around the clock. New highs yet again for the nasdaq at open. At the rate the nasdaq is moving it should double into 2022 to 30000!!!!!!

We will see an unbelievable amount of trillion dollar companies and stocks rising thousands of percent. The momentum will never end. Just straight up forever.

#89     Jan 25, 2021
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Market is diving.

Watch all the talking heads come out today saying this was eventually going to take place. However never a word is spoken after continous up days in a row. Always told after the fact

#90     Jan 25, 2021