Go DOWN Already. What the is going on here?! Nothing discounted?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by iceman1, Aug 19, 2020.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

I am making so much money on TSLA and OSTK. It is free money every day. Everyone wants to buy a Tesla with the blackouts in CA.

#21     Aug 19, 2020
  2. bone

bone

People buy stocks for future earnings potential. Toyota can’t sell 20X of something that will be outlawed or mandated into nonexistence in 5 or 10 years. Tesla is building Giga Factories in the US, EU, and China. I used to be a sceptic - then I saw how poorly VW, Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, GM, and the others have fared to date with their EV rollouts.

#22     Aug 19, 2020
    Axon likes this.
  3. S2007S

S2007S

California if it were a country would be the 5th biggest by GDP in the world yet they can't even keep the power on due to a tiny heat wave.

#23     Aug 19, 2020
  4. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

#24     Aug 19, 2020
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Ahhhh yes yes yes future earnings potential......and how come future outlook of markets , economies and equites are always positive and never ever ever negative??? Every stat on economic outlook and future earnings is always a win win win.

#25     Aug 19, 2020
  6. noddyboy

noddyboy

Why do you have to turn a bullish event for TSLA to a bearish one for the world? It is like you have only one answer to every question.

#26     Aug 19, 2020
  7. Trader200K

Trader200K

Had the opportunity to tour a local automation company that won the contract to build the 60’ long, multi-robot assy system for the Powerwall. Couldn’t judge performance quality, but the reach of imagination in the design and prior Big3 automation work was knock on impressive. Too many C-Suite occupants in the US are timidly focused on their inboxes right now at the expense of product and the future. Musk has that down.

You can’t argue with people putting their money down on TSLA, but IMHO it’s clear if Musk channeled Steve Jobs’ class a tad more and had delayed AutoPilot until it performed more appropriately, he would have defused 95% of his critics entirely ... fully within his own risk mgmt control.

I am open for an EV purchase when batt packs go sub-$100/KwH, but AutoPilot is 80% of that 95% for me not putting one in the driveway for the family to drive ... yet.

#27     Aug 19, 2020
  8. LanceJ

LanceJ

I think people are buying TSLA because they cant buy SpaceX. When SpaceX goes public the value will move from one to the other.

#28     Aug 19, 2020
  9. Specterx

Specterx

Not sure why people are trying so hard to rationalize present valuations. Valuations don't matter in a bull market with unlimited easy money, especially given the gargantuan mountains of cash around the world desperate for any escape from the ZIRP black hole, and the widespread perception that CBs will never again raise rates nor allow risk assets to sell off. All that really matters at the moment is what's hot, what sectors/names are fashionable, and above all what's been going up.

When one or more of these factors changes, then look out below - but that day might be years off, and in the meantime we're in a bona fide stock mania.

#29     Aug 19, 2020
    Laissez Faire, NoahA and Relentless like this.
  10. bone

bone

Look at the Daily COVID case trends in the US.
    It’s been coming off since July.

How many years now have you wasted screaming and posting about the overvalued stock market?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    #30     Aug 19, 2020