go Canada!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Party Aminal, Jul 31, 2003.

1. -Legalizing weed.

-Gay marriage (I'm not gay). BTW, I believe the concept of marriage is bogus and has no real foundation (stems from imposed religious bunk).

-Turning their back on religion in general.

Hope this spreads to the USA...fast!

Europe and Canada are more evolved than USA on many social issues. I've already evolved, but sadly, there are still many Americans living in the social stone age. :(

2. I had a long talk with someone about this the other day. He is a businessman from Greece and spends about half a year over here and the other half in Greece.

Basically, compared to a lot of other european countries, the United States is very backwards when it comes to these things. Personally, I do smoke weed every now and then and I am definitely not afraid or ashamed to admit it. There is too much dishonest bullshit within politics.

What's the huge problem? It isn't the fact that smoking weed is inherently bad -- but probably moreso just an economic decision that the government made. The government makes a lot of money from taxes on cigarettes. Why can't they legalize weed and just tax the hell out of it? Last time I bought some in Manhattan, it cost about $50 for an eighth. The reason drugs are so expensive to begin with is due to the risk of prosecution if one is caught selling or buying. So the costs reflect that.

Now the true cost to grow it and sell it is a mere fraction of the cost on the street. The government could arrange to tax it at say $25 and make an incredible amount of money from it.

I'd like to write my congressman about it but unfortunately it seems that it will remain one of those things that many people within society do but society itself still says it is bad. It is like a secret society.

3. I'M WITH YA, MAN.

I'M NO POT-HEAD, BUT I DON'T SEE WHY IT'S SUCH A BIG DEAL.

JUST LIKE THERE USED TO BE PROHIBITION OF BEER, WE HAVE PROHIBITION OF WEED NOW. THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE, THOUGH, JUST LIKE THEY DID FOR BEER. THESE TYPES OF CHANGES TAKE TIME, SADLY. IT JUST SUCKS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE AHEAD OF YOUR TIME AND YOU GOTTA LIVE ACCORDING TO BS STANDARDS.

I'M NO PARTY POOPER!

4. AMEN to that, Brother!!!

Religions are just cults with more members that get out of paying taxes.

One way to do it would be to stop voting for right wing psycho fundamentalists....

If Bush was Muslim, would you think about him the same way???

5. cable

cable

You guys are right, America is going backwards fast. We're losing what little civility and culture we had. We're becoming a nation of uneducated inbred savages. Yup, braindead hillbillies are firmly in control - speaking of Bush, he isn't capitalist, though he claims to be. He's a fascist. There's a difference. Bush is taking away rights and freedoms where a capitalist would be giving them. True capitalism demands pot be legalized and profited from on an open and free market. And I, like all true capitalists, don't give a damn what people do in their bedrooms as long as it doesn't involve *me*.

Anyway, Bush is probably going to murder the Canadians next. Wow. My hero. I can't believe I used to "believe" in him. He's the absolute pits. Hard lesson, but I learned it well.

Check out the Libertarian Party, the only truly American Political Party.

6. if you're sick of archaic rules, hypocracies, and basically bullshit in general, gimme a "HELL YEAH!"

HELL YEAH!

8. trdrmac

trdrmac

Yes it is a little hard to understand why our country has not taken the steps to legalize or at least decriminalize da chronic.

I would agree that it could become a great source of revenue for the states and feds. And I have not seen anything that says it is worse in any capacity than say tobacco, alcohol or aspirin.

As for gay marriage or a union or what ever you want to call it. Seems fine. It does not seem to me that someone's "life-partner" should not share the same rights as family does in things like medical decisions.

Canada also seems more progressive in preventative healthcare.