go Barrack Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by omegapoint, Aug 1, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Obama is probably going to win. 100 Million Americans are going to lose.

McCain won't win for lack of a glib tongue. Obama can hardly lose... American's are an "easy sway" to the slickest line of BS...

#11     Aug 1, 2008
  2. Viva la France...

#12     Aug 1, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

That's what we all want... "Money For Nothing, Chicks For Free" --- Dire Straits

#13     Aug 1, 2008
  4. You know that I generally hold your opinions in high regard, gnome, but I think you're mistaken here.

#14     Aug 1, 2008
  5. just what the energy market needs, incentive to produce less.

As a previous post already shows, Exxon paid 30 BILLION in taxes last year. more than the bottom 50% of the US combined!

retarded fucking idea, but his cap gains proposals are even worse. Wants to raise cap gains for political reasons, as he has even admitted that higher cap gains taxes reduce revenue. This is a fact BTW. Income dropped significantly when they were raised to 28% (from 20%), and rose significantly when lowered to 15%.

makes ZERO sense.

#15     Aug 1, 2008
  6. gnome

gnome

I guess that's why we have elections... I'm not going to vote... can't see the point in choosing between Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich... I know that whoever wins, my fate is to "bend over and grease up".. :mad:

#16     Aug 1, 2008
  7. qUSA.PK

#17     Aug 1, 2008
  8. bozwood

bozwood

XOM EBIT margins have averaged about 11% over the last 10 yrs

but wait...

CSCO has averaged about 23% EBIT marging and MCD has averaged north of 20%, etc., etc.

Obama has exactly the right idea. Let's tax all these windfall gains.

#18     Aug 1, 2008

9. I saw him trade in the 59's yesterday. Not much volume down there and a quick bounce higher. I follow Intrade avidly (in fact here's an article I wrote about Intrade http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/options/how_to/articles/-77425.cfm).

#19     Aug 1, 2008
  10. Good article. I'm going to wait until after the conventions to make a play. I figure McCain should get some bounce if he picks a decent VP and doesn't screw up too much between now and then. Obama can easily slip up and take a dive in the polls which is what mostly drives Intrade. I'd love to get some in the low 50's.

#20     Aug 1, 2008