Go away Irene!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LEAPup, Aug 24, 2011.

1. LEAPup

LEAPup

All I will point out is the fact that beach erosion, and the hurricanes have destroyed what we once knew... I'm a Libertarian, strong conservative, small govt. guy, but at the same time, can literally see my favorite place being washed away. God has a plan. All we can do is follow it...

#21     Aug 26, 2011
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

Good luck, man. All we can do here in Cheeseland is hope and pray for you folks.

Be smart. Be safe.

#22     Aug 26, 2011
  3. Illum

Illum

The eye needs to bust apart and Irene can piss off.

#23     Aug 26, 2011
  4. LEAPup

LEAPup

Tell your Son I said congrats no matter what comes of OUR (he's attached now), Island...

#24     Aug 26, 2011
  5. My daughter called from ny capital district area. The lines are out the door at wall mart.

#25     Aug 26, 2011
  6. Mandatory evacuations for parts of nyc, translation - no residents allowed, probably be a shit load of burglaries though. Funny how that works, there'll be a cop around to keep you from returning to your home but thiefs can go anywhere.

#26     Aug 26, 2011
  7. Live in Elizabeth City. Thought seriously about buying a house between the highways over the summer because the prices keep going down, but decided against it.

There really is no safe place to build. Some places you can see the sound and the ocean at the same time from the highway. I love going there at least two weekends a month--only an hour from house to swimming in the Atlantic.

Expecting 80 MPH by Saturday afternoon,but am glad I will have to clean up the mess for only one house, not two.

Great place to rent, and to leave the stress of ownership to someone else.

#27     Aug 26, 2011
  8. Safe place to build = Northern Wisconsin. No hurricanes, no earthquakes, and maybe a tornado once every 20-30 years. Central Wisconsin has tornadoes almost everyday, but go north of Wausau and you're usually pretty golden.

Don't live in Wausau, though. There are a lot of gang activities there now with Hmong population.

#28     Aug 28, 2011