GMAC To Resume Lending To Deadbeats with 620 Credit Scores.

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Aaron Copland, Dec 30, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Collateral? As soon as the car (new one, anyway) is drive off the dealer's lot it's in negative equity.

#11     Dec 30, 2008
  2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

25% maximum loss on cars if you drive it off the lot.

car's are useful

people need cars to get to work.

#12     Dec 30, 2008
  3. I thought everyone was bitching that the banks weren't lending?

:confused:

#13     Dec 30, 2008
  4. gnome

gnome

Cars are USEFUL? Oh, CRAP... that changes everything.

#14     Dec 30, 2008
  5. Anaconda's an idiot.

#15     Dec 30, 2008
  6. I will only lease if the money factor is exceptionally low AND I can get sales tax credits (something the dealers do here in TX).....it is like getting the car with no sales tax paid. Otherwise, I pay cash and ONLY buy something that is a very very good deal.....like when AUDI was giving away 4.2L A6 "S-LIne" Quattro's this summer here in Austin with the high fuel prices. :)

#16     Dec 30, 2008
  7. gnome

gnome

A year from now, the deals should be even better.

I remember 1982... Audi dealer almost BEGGED me to take something off of his lot... several dealers here went BK then... same again, likely.

#17     Dec 30, 2008
  8. All the government is doing is guranteeing even more inventory that will sit around and rot. The car market will probably going into free fall just like the housing market

#18     Dec 30, 2008
  9. AUDI here in Austin has had an increase in sales since July....gas price drop mixed with high demand for the A5's and new A4's. Plus they have been taking market share in town away from Lexus, BMW, and MB which has helped them out......deals are not as good now as in July.

As the economy gets worse in 2009, I am sure the super great deals will be back but I needed to add a 4 door car this summer so I took advantage of a great below invoice deal.

#19     Dec 30, 2008
  10. u21c3f6

u21c3f6

Please explain. Does this also apply to other depreciating assets like TV/stereos, furniture, appliances etc?

#20     Dec 30, 2008